Media relishing Everton’s demise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you any great confidence we won’t beat in the same position next season mate? We’re likely to lose DCL or Richarlison or both even if we stay up. We are under the cosh because of FFP we can’t just spend the money we get for them. More worryingly, we’ll still be paying the wages of the deadwood in our team whatever the outcome as we won’t be able to shift them. That’s why we are in this financial predicament we are. We can’t offload deadwood apart from for loans.

i don’t mate , but i would rather be in this league and and then look all the other things. being in the prem out ways the championship my a mile

I think there is an element of the ‘kopite media’ sticking the knife in, definitely.

But to be the honest when you consider the money we’ve slashed up the wall and the hiring and firing of managers…. If I was a non Evertonian I’d find it difficult to have any sympathy for the club.

I think this is it. Any team that has spent what we have only to fail miserably is going to be a laughing stock. Obviously doesn’t help that everyone seems to “support” Liverpool. Seen apparent Liverpool fan Charlie Austin claim it would be funny if we went down. Liverpool fan? Give me a break.

The media aren't relishing our demise, they are however rightly highlighting how badly we are run as a club, on and off the pitch.

Gary Neville, love or loathe him, is vocal about how poor we are in both aspects. Not gloating, I believe he's genuinely flabbergasted at how 0.5billion pounds gets you on the brink of relegation.

And he's right.

We shouldn’t be taking this so personally tbh. For a number of years we were fighting it out with Spurs to break into the ‘elite’ who pushed for top 4. After Moyes we fell away whereas after Redknapp they got Pochetino and hit the jackpot bringing Kane through.

If it had been the other way round and it was Spurs in our spot the media would be equally buzzing about this disaster story, just like they did with Villa before and Leeds before that.

The media aren't relishing our demise, they are however rightly highlighting how badly we are run as a club, on and off the pitch.

Gary Neville, love or loathe him, is vocal about how poor we are in both aspects. Not gloating, I believe he's genuinely flabbergasted at how 0.5billion pounds gets you on the brink of relegation.

And he's right.
It’s crazy isn’t it and it’s not just hindsight. There was genuine surprise on here with the fees paid to the following players.
Bolasie
Tosun
Siguardisson
Iwobi
Niassie
Klassen
Delph
Walcott
It’s not a question of being wise after the event there was considerable concerns about the signings of these players. Roughly 200m spent on fees and 500k a week in wages. Is it any wonder the position we are in.

It goes back further, I remember the pundits saying we were effectively cheating under Moyes when we were doing well on the back of getting some top loans in. It’ll be all the sweeter when frank turns us into a trophy machine.

It goes back further, I remember the pundits saying we were effectively cheating under Moyes when we were doing well on the back of getting some top loans in. It’ll be all the sweeter when frank turns us into a trophy machine.
Yes that’s correct, the couldn’t stand to see us threaten the so called top 4 back then, they absolutely hate us, we need to use that as motivation, the media are loving the current position we are in.

It’s crazy isn’t it and it’s not just hindsight. There was genuine surprise on here with the fees paid to the following players.
Bolasie
Tosun
Siguardisson
Iwobi
Niassie
Klassen
Delph
Walcott
It’s not a question of being wise after the event there was considerable concerns about the signings of these players. Roughly 200m spent on fees and 500k a week in wages. Is it any wonder the position we are in.
Add Iwobi to that list.

Have you any great confidence we won’t beat in the same position next season mate? We’re likely to lose DCL or Richarlison or both even if we stay up. We are under the cosh because of FFP we can’t just spend the money we get for them. More worryingly, we’ll still be paying the wages of the deadwood in our team whatever the outcome as we won’t be able to shift them. That’s why we are in this financial predicament we are. We can’t offload deadwood apart from for loans.
It’s quite possible we will be run by new owners next season with Moshiri now desperate to sell the club after ’losing ‘ his backer and Americans looking keen to buy the club and that should see the end of Kenwright as the chairman, every cloud has a silver lining!!

I’ve heard that the team will be getting a rip roaring welcome outside Goodison Park on Sunday with banners and flares letting the team know we are all behind them and backing them to the hilt throughout the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.