Media attitude towards Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just googled him, recognise the face but cant remember ever watching anything with him on. Is he another helmet?
He's a BBC pundit.
Awful, but more clueless than anti Everton.

If you read Sir Trevor McDonald's book, he talks about how the BBC tried to get him to leave ITV and go to the BBC as they needed more black presenters.
It's only my own opinion, but I think this is how Crooks got the gig in the first place.

He's a BBC pundit.

If you read Sir Trevor McDonald's book, he talks about how the BBC tried to get him to leave ITV and go to the BBC as they needed more black presenters.
It's only my own opinion, but I think this is how Crooks got the gig in the first place.

He asks questions longer than the answers.

Im not going to lie, I personally think Sky are desperate for us to be “big”. They’d absolutely love to drum up the derby as title contenders like Coty and United did a few years ago.

BBC, and their red agenda is a different thing, but I actually think Sky by whole want us to succeed, if you excuse the Soccer Saturday morons.
Sky want us to be big enough to be a decent scalp for their A teams but no more.

He's a BBC pundit.

They must have also added "must be able to perform an exorcism on yourself on live tv" in the job description based on this pic

He's a BBC pundit.

I was going to suggest he is a "Token" pundit. wasn't sure how to word it but i can't be the only one who has always thought that?!

Why do they seemingly want us to stay in our place and be happy with 17th to 8th.. we are about to hire one of the most decorated managers in the world and we're told it's not the right fit and mentioning Howe as a better alternative. Sickens me hole.

The only way to change things is to start winning trophies for a prolonged period. To keep the other clubs that have suddenly become fashionable, below us.

The only way to change things is to start winning trophies for a prolonged period. To keep the other clubs that have suddenly become fashionable, below us.
Ah that day may come, but in which decade? Maybe the 20s will see us climb that ladder to greatness. This rum is very strong.

Man city are sneered at in the media, city still play the best football by some distance but it hardly gets a mention.

Man City are not sneered at the media. Aguero gets praised non-stop, so does Guardiola, and do lots of their players. They were a crap boring team about 10 years+ ago, getting relegated and so on.

We have long had an inferiority complex about ourselves which time after time results in us being a classic self-fulfilling prophecy of failure. That is how we see ourselves and that is how others see it too. We are plucky little Everton, living in the shadows of Liverpool. We need to start by changing our self image and mindset.

This is why the move to Bramley-Moore is so important on so many levels. It will be a real opportunity to re-invent ourselves. Until that happens, the media view of us wont change.
It would help if the main change started at goodison, all you ever hear from commentary teams is keep Everton quiet for 20 minutes and the fans will get on the teams back, against Newcastle, about 7 minutes in Merson started with the usual crap of the Everton fans are getting on the teams back over a misplaced pass, I was watching it and there was nothing from the Everton fans, it was lies.

But as a fan base we need a change in tact, instead of negativity because it's not going our way get behind the team. Instead of booing at half time because the players have been awful, encourage them. Negativity never helps, and creates extra pressure on the players.

It would help if the main change started at goodison, all you ever hear from commentary teams is keep Everton quiet for 20 minutes and the fans will get on the teams back, against Newcastle, about 7 minutes in Merson started with the usual crap of the Everton fans are getting on the teams back over a misplaced pass, I was watching it and there was nothing from the Everton fans, it was lies.

But as a fan base we need a change in tact, instead of negativity because it's not going our way get behind the team. Instead of booing at half time because the players have been awful, encourage them. Negativity never helps, and creates extra pressure on the players.

I completely agree with everything you say. We as fans have a reputation amongst other fans for being inpatient with the team. A lot of opposition teams bleat on about how Goodison is a very hard place to go to because of the fans, but it should not be that way for our own team.

Changing that mindset amongst our fans is easier said than done. There needs to be a properly coordinated campaign to get the message across. It was different pre-90s when most players on the pitch were British and a bit of abuse from the terraces only motivated them. These modern foreign players tend to go into their shell when any criticism from the terraces comes their way. They need more leeway and a bit more mollycoddling. The gammon-heads in the Park End still think it's 1985 and can hurl abuse at the first misplaced pass.

I'm all for venting frustration as a form of encouragement, but it needs to be a bit more subtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.