Media attitude towards Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh dont expect anything else just great having a manager who we are all behind now just feel with an improved squad anything will happen. Has been a massive difference from under sam silva and now carlo as these are basically the same players media will always be biased as they dont want us up there

I think people need to be realistic about what the media print about us. We don’t win things, we don’t challenge for things, w’re not a newly promoted side. We’ve been making up the numbers for decades now so why wouldn’t they treat us like we’re insignificant?

Ancelotti deserves a bit more credit than they’ve given but I’m not an adult so I’m not going to moan about the “disrespect” like all the weirdos on social media do, who’s arsed only thing that matters is that we keep climbing that table.

The attitude has slowly been turning.

You still see the ones who just don't give a spit, do not follow us, and just write articles because they dislike us.

However, the ones who do follow us has seen the turnaround, has seen the better results with the same a team and can see that with quality additions in the Summer, we will be challengers for Europe next season, if not this season.

THANK YOU MR ANCELOTTI!

I think people need to be realistic about what the media print about us. We don’t win things, we don’t challenge for things, w’re not a newly promoted side. We’ve been making up the numbers for decades now so why wouldn’t they treat us like we’re insignificant?

Ancelotti deserves a bit more credit than they’ve given but I’m not an adult so I’m not going to moan about the “disrespect” like all the weirdos on social media do, who’s arsed only thing that matters is that we keep climbing that table.
Absolutely correct.

Old printed media is dying, if not dead already. Sky Sports is a parody of what it once was. BeIn sports about the best of them for independent thought by way of objective analysis. Podcasts and hopefully in the near future club specific streaming, hello netflix, amazon and Disney, is the way of the future.

Think it goes back to John Moore’s time
Spot on.
In early 60s The BBC saw that tv footy was the coming new thing, the way to go.
We won the league in 62-63
The Beatles hit it big the first half of 1963
the rs won the league in 63-64
MotD started Aug 64
The first game was -

yes

the rs.

We have been a middle of the road club for a long time. We have been put into a niche of our own by the media as the last of the "old school " football clubs.
We have an old ground which is regarded almost as quaint by the media, we have not had wealthy owners and the club basically had to be self financing for over twenty years unlike so many others.
We are seen as a throwback to the old days. A fond memory of a club, a relic from happier days of football past.
The appointment of untried managers like Moyes, Martinez, MS did not reflect the actions of an ambitious club and David Moyes in particular liked to play down the financial clout of the club which allowed him to build up the job he was doing by keeping the club in the top half of the table.

I think that the importance of the appointment of CA is lost on a lot of the media. It is seen simply as an "appointment" whereas the importance of his arrival is the statement of intent.
In time to come , commentators will look back and reflect that the appointment of CA was the day that Everton decided that it was a big club again. Too big for the return of Moyes or the appointment of Howe or Dyche.
I think a template has been set , when this manager leaves how can we go back to some young manager who has lost more games than he has won?

Independent impartial media doesn’t make any money. When it comes to sports journalism in the uk there’s only one market to cater to and that’s the Liverpool fans who will literally consume absolutely anything that is written about their team (or negative about ours) due to their cult like obsession. Bashing Everton gets hits, that’s the bottom line. Reasonable articles about o ur upturn in form would have a small minority of Everton fans only reading them. Articles about whether Ancelotti will flop will have millions of kopites pouring all over them and then clicking on any ad on there to buy themselves a Klopp mug or another cringey T-shirt. Money money money. It all revolves around two teams in the premier league in Liverpool and United, and whilst United are currently crap it may as well be just one. The media revolves around them, the tv companies do, and now seemingly the referees and VAR have this season, even UEFA do giving them the dressing room they want. It’s all money and that lot make it due to attracting the glory hunting elements of society who are easily parted with their cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.