Media attitude towards Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky and BT are incapable of broadcasting football without a bias. Again yesterday everything was from a City point of view and is always that way. Years ago they used to just have a match on the telly and were able to talk about it without thinking everyone wants to hear about it from one point of view. That is because both of them are shabbite at what they do, nothing to do with anyone not winning trophies.

Danny Mills just tried to equate Everton getting to cup finals in the 80s was like Wimbledon, Portsmouth and Wigan on the debate !!!!!!!!!!!! He qualified it by saying we we were in and around the top 4 at the time. What an absolute whiff he is.

Danny Mills just tried to equate Everton getting to cup finals in the 80s was like Wimbledon, Portsmouth and Wigan on the debate !!!!!!!!!!!! He qualified it by saying we we were in and around the top 4 at the time. What an absolute whiff he is.

Sadly. He's kind of right.

Cup wise over 25 years, we're a joke.

Since we lost that semi final at Wembley in 2016 we've won just one FA Cup tie and that was against Lincoln.

We've exited the FA Cup at the third round stage 4 times in the last 6 seasons which is an absolute joke. No wonder we don't win, or even challenge, for trophies.

Honestly don’t think we are treated differently to any other of the also rans, it’s just perspective. Looking at Leicester I reckon they get a similar, patronising slant to the way we got reported during the Moyes era. We will need an extended period in the top 4 to change perceptions, notwithstanding, I would still like to stave Paul Merson’s head in with an axe.

Since we lost that semi final at Wembley in 2016 we've won just one FA Cup tie and that was against Lincoln.

We've exited the FA Cup at the third round stage 4 times in the last 6 seasons which is an absolute joke. No wonder we don't win, or even challenge, for trophies.
That’s genuinely disgusting. This club is an utter shambles.

...just tweet them this......

True of course but history. Todays world wants everything today, not the future, not the past, Now! Stuff the media, who cares about them. Best to see them forced to compliment us when we win something. They still dont really believe Leicester are a good side even though they have one more PL than RS.

Sadly. He's kind of right.

Cup wise over 25 years, we're a joke.
i don't mind him saying we're guff now because thats the truth. He shouldn't be able to get away with comparing our 1980s team with one offs like Wigan or Portsmouth thats blatantly un true. Lack of knowledge saying also we were a top 4 side at the time. There was no such thing as a top 4 then. It was either first or losers.

I think we need to get over ourselves a bit. Ignore the TV blurts and stop winging about this.
Only when we actually achieve something can we complain.
Until then just smile quietly to yourself in the recognition that we know we are far superior.

Agree. It's up to us to change this and not the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.