Media attitude towards Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If for one minute we take off our blue tinted specs we’ll realise we haven’t done anything in the recent to medium term passed to be considered a top club. The only way we’ll earn respect is to break through the ceiling... we have been called out every year as potential party breakers but never do it... can’t blame the press for not believing... it’s up to our players and manager to earn the right to be invited to the sky fans club.

I think it's just the way they dismiss us out of hand that gets on peoples nerves. Actually really truly saying we can't have an Ancelotti, how dare we, that's been the narrative and it's a bit biased I'd say.

It can be irritating (very for Danny Murphy) but I really believe now we must make our own narrative by transforming ourselves through results.

The media will give us better coverage but we have to show we are relevant.

Point is we have been crap for 30 years.

Ancelotti is a potential game-changer, as is the stadium, but we have to convert the good things into what matters on the pitch.

Been listening to Mario Melchiot on sky sports centre this morning. Absolutely refreshing showing the likes of Merson, Thompson and Co how out of touch they really are. Time to get rid and put out to grass.

Even the question today was a dig.. we won 2 games and 2 teams we should beat...

Where you surprised you won 2 games?

the fella who’s won 15 major trophies including 3 champions league.. some how beating Burnley and Newcastle is not a shock

On Talksport last night they had a guy from the racing post and he said it’s a top 6/7 with Leicester and Danny Kelly said not Everton? An he said no.. Alright Leicester have won the league and doing well this year but every other season we finished above them
That was a knob called Bruce Millington I think. Much of what he said was quite sane, but this comment was ludicrous. You can't have a top X that's so fluid that winning one trophy puts you in it. Danny Kelly's interruption, as you'd expect from him -- he's old enough to recall where we used to stand in the game and why.

Unfortunately these days you've got to. Media coverage shapes a club's standing now, with implications for income flows etc.

I'm not one particulary bothered about the media. And it's what you do on the pitch is what shapes a clubs standing, not what the media are saying about you.

On Talksport last night they had a guy from the racing post and he said it’s a top 6/7 with Leicester and Danny Kelly said not Everton? An he said no.. Alright Leicester have won the league and doing well this year but every other season we finished above them
I assume they are still counting Arsenal, how long will that continue? They are an absolute mess with an inexperienced manager in charge.. bottom half this season no doubt.

The media has its agenda. The RS, Man Utd and the London clubs are the favourites and always will be. But, if we start to bring in top players and pick up results then they’ll have to take us seriously. The likes of Merson question Everton as a destination for quality players. If there is serious ambition and they are working for Ancelotti then I imagine a lot of very good players will be falling over themselves to come here.
Merson went from arsenal to boro, villa and Portsmouth. He followed a downward trajectory and has no right commenting on anyone ambition when it comes to transfer moves

an everything is based on this season not the last 25 years.
Newcastle and West Ham are around Everton size They claim .. they have both been relegated in the last 10 years and combined don’t have the same success as us.
Leicester are apparently a bigger club yet they spent the majority of there existence in the lower leagues
In fairness history doesn’t win games. It’s hard to argue with the fact that leicester at this point is a more attractive to a player. Recent league trophy, champs league exp, strong squad, higher in league.
hopefully we are catching now

Merson went from arsenal to boro, villa and Portsmouth. He followed a downward trajectory and has no right commenting on anyone ambition when it comes to transfer moves

Let‘s be clear, Merson is genuinely mentally retarded.
Years of drug and alcohol abuse has decimated an already limited brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.