2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howe is being praised for keeping his team in the league.

Thats all hes done mate.

I mean Moyes got us 4th.

Wilder or Howe cant match that, Moyes isnt what we need and neither are those 2 fellas, IMHO.

nah, Howe is being praised for taking a team from the bottom tier to becoming an established premier league side, something Silva is praised for in a lesser league with Estoril.

not saying I want Eddie Howe, just pointing out that what he has done deserves massive kudos and is actually very good with a small seaside club like Bournemouth.

The question is who can mould out current team, with only 1 or 2 additions. It's a tough job for someone like Howe or Wilder. If we'd appointed Howe after Martinez left he could have bought players who suited him. Now we have a certain type of player we need an experienced manager like Pellegrini who can use what we have and hopefully bring in a couple of leaders on the pitch

In all fairness calling your rivals a "small club" isn't really that bad, is it? Especially since we are, you know, compared to them, a small club, haha.

I reckon Saturday is his last game if we lose. Can't see how he stays.

We will lose, and it will be, 100%.

If I was him I’d be going out with a Hail Mary right now. I’d be destroying VAR for its multiple crap decisions, destroying the media for focusing on Son’s emotions rather than our lad who has broke his bloody ankle, destroying Atkinson and the West Ham ref for some awful decisions, the lot. My biggest problem with Marco is he’s meek. He won’t do any of those things. If I could tell him one thing, it would be ‘do not go gentle into that good night’.

You're talking ancient history, I'm talking about a love-in for recent reds managers going on on an Everton website when morale is already in the gutter and the reds are lording it up and blues are getting enough stick as it is in this town without further humiliating ourselves on top of that. I'm talking about right now not years ago and the last thing we need is blues gettng all starry-eyed about reds' managers - it's undermining, it breaks ranks. Why are you making out I hate players from the past? Whos said that?! I'm just saying what I expect to see on an Everton website and one thing I expect is not people going on about how great recent red rejects would be for the manager job at Everton.

Its that sort of narrow minded attitude that limits our chances of achieving our ambitions. Football moves on but sometimes things stay the same as they always have been, and that need not be a bad thing.We must not be blind to opportunity when it arises. If at some time in the(near) future we are looking for a new manager I would want the best available, regardless of his previous connections. A misguided siege mentality is not the way forward. If the rare scenario came to pass, and FSW became manager of Everton, believe me that would pee off the RS more than it would upset clear thinking Evertonians.Its all ifs and buts, but with two or three of the RS players in our team, and the right manager, its us who would be top of the table or thereabouts. Isn't that the holy grail for Evertonians?

Its that sort of narrow minded attitude that limits our chances of achieving our ambitions. Football moves on but sometimes things stay the same as they always have been, and that need not be a bad thing.We must not be blind to opportunity when it arises. If at some time in the(near) future we are looking for a new manager I would want the best available, regardless of his previous connections. A misguided siege mentality is not the way forward. If the rare scenario came to pass, and FSW became manager of Everton, believe me that would pee off the RS more than it would upset clear thinking Evertonians.Its all ifs and buts, but with two or three of the RS players in our team, and the right manager, its us who would be top of the table or thereabouts. Isn't that the holy grail for Evertonians?

Indeed. Most reds I know can't understand why he would consider us but, still view him as being an outstanding appointment. Some of them would like him back post Klopp were he to move to Bayern/Real or equivalent.

In terms of ex reds, wouldn't mind him getting Shelvey into add some bite to a midfield evidently lacking in it.

We will lose, and it will be, 100%.

If I was him I’d be going out with a Hail Mary right now. I’d be destroying VAR for its multiple crap decisions, destroying the media for focusing on Son’s emotions rather than our lad who has broke his bloody ankle, destroying Atkinson and the West Ham ref for some awful decisions, the lot. My biggest problem with Marco is he’s meek. He won’t do any of those things. If I could tell him one thing, it would be ‘do not go gentle into that good night’.

Shakespeare yesterday Dylan Thomas today...its getting very literate on here...…...

Spot on Steven.

We need a big character/personality to manage the club, but taken with actual coaching ability, and other things, finding someone like that is going to be very difficult.

Things about the club being "too nice" are a sideline in my view and only get attention when we are struggling.

The right person as manager can be transformational for the club, and we should not buy into the narrative that we can't be better than we are and are doomed to mediocrity.

Getting the right person at the right time though requires luck as well as good planning.

If they have been delaying any change due to needing additional time to secure someone in particular, then it won't be time wasted.

The next appointment will completely define Brands time at Everton, if he does not succeed with this, then I see his future here being very short-lived.

I'd respect him a wee bit more if he kicked up a stink about recent injustices in the next pre-match interview. But he won't.
Id respect him a lot more if he spoke up about having to use tripe players and/or a series of crocks to get results in this league, while having his best player sold on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.