2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
people are just writing Wilder off without even looking into his managerial career.

yet the same people want to stick with marco done nothing silva

if chris wilder was from croatia and called christov wilderzinski people would creaming their keks at the thought of us hiring him
This exactly. He's got a dull name and he manages a dull club which is why he won't get attention from any of our fans. If he had had the same achievements with someone like Brescia in Italy and was indeed, Italian, it would be completely different.

YEARS of success.

Alfreton Town[26]

Oxford United

Northampton Town

Sheffield United

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
2015-16 - 1 year, 2016-17 - 2 years, 2018-19 - 3 years. Years = plural means more than 1

This exactly. He's got a dull name and he manages a dull club which is why he won't get attention from any of our fans. If he had had the same achievements with someone like Brescia in Italy and was indeed, Italian, it would be completely different.

I see people wanting Marcelino ….

why ??

what has he done that makes people think he could come here to a league and country hes never been to before and get us winning games from this position ??

2015-16 - 1 year, 2016-17 - 2 years, 2018-19 - 3 years. Years = plural means more than 1

I think Goat wants Marcelino … which figures ...

but he also wants Silva to see out his contract this year.

@MarcelsGoat was the driving force behind the 'silva must get the season' last year .. the 'transition' year .. which every new manager from now on MUST get regardless

im quite certain we could go down with silva this season and goat would of the opinion but at least we gave someone the 2 years in the job.

astounding really.

I see people wanting Marcelino ….

why ??

what has he done that makes people think he could come here to a league and country hes never been to before and get us winning games from this position ??
Because he's foreign. His CV looks like the equivalent of a Spanish Mark Hughes to me.

You and I both have a different idea of success.
Well when you are managing Sheff United, you are hardly going to win the Premier League. I'm fairly sure if you asked Sheff Utd fans if Chris Wilder had been a success you wouldn't get a single negative.
Anyhow, I think you need a reality check. We are Everton - a mid table side who have won nothing for 25 years. We are not going to attract a successful, trophy laden manager (maybe except Benitez). We need someone hungry, with something to prove, who can use us a stepping stone to the big boys. We tried it with Martinez, Koeman and Silva and they've been the wrong choices. I can't look into a crystal ball to say Wilder would be a success but I'd suggest his CV is getting better year by year. I'm just trying to give realistic targets as an alternative to the idiot we have now. If you want to chat about Mourinho and Allegri like the other idiots on here you can waste page after page on the threads.
I'd like to see who Tottenham go for if Poch leaves. I'd be highly surprised if they didn't look at the likes of Wilder/Howe.

Well when you are managing Sheff United, you are hardly going to win the Premier League. I'm fairly sure if you asked Sheff Utd fans if Chris Wilder had been a success you wouldn't get a single negative.
Anyhow, I think you need a reality check. We are Everton - a mid table side who have won nothing for 25 years. We are not going to attract a successful, trophy laden manager (maybe except Benitez). We need someone hungry, with something to prove, who can use us a stepping stone to the big boys. We tried it with Martinez, Koeman and Silva and they've been the wrong choices. I can't look into a crystal ball to say Wilder would be a success but I'd suggest his CV is getting better year by year. I'm just trying to give realistic targets as an alternative to the idiot we have now. If you want to chat about Mourinho and Allegri like the other idiots on here you can waste page after page on the threads.
I'd like to see who Tottenham go for if Poch leaves. I'd be highly surprised if they didn't look at the likes of Wilder/Howe.

they 100% will … afterall they went after the non-English speaking Poch at the time from Southampton... he'd never won a pot in his life , still hasn't, but hes made spurs into champions league finalists on a shoestring budget, id defo class poch as an unfashionable manager at the time, just like a wilder or howe, managing a lower level prem club and getting some consistant results

And I agree, our next manager wont be a serial winner.

But I would be hoping for somebody with actual trophy-winning experience, somebody young and hungry, like a Martinez, a Silva, hell even a Moyes, not somebody whos been a manager for 18 years and his only claim to fame is getting promoted, twice.

Wilder is a total flavour of the month, if he can keep Sheff Utd in the league, well then hes done a great job. If he can keep them in next season and improve then well done.

Its funny you mention Eddie Howe, another fella that loads big up, hes done nothing impressive either. What have either of them done that say for example David Moyes hasnt done? or Mark Hughes? or Tony Pulis?

they 100% will … afterall they went after the non-English speaking Poch at the time from Southampton... he'd never won a pot in his life , still hasn't, but hes made spurs into champions league finalists on a shoestring budget, id defo class poch as an unfashionable manager at the time, just like a wilder or howe, managing a lower level prem club and getting some consistant results
I'm mates with a few Spurs fans out here and they actually suggested Howe. Said he'd be the type of guy Levy would go for. I can't see them going for the egotistical and demanding Mourinho unless they completely change their strategy. We are all searching for the next Poch hence the merry go round of young foreign managers right now in the Premier League. But, the next Poch could be an English guy? Lampard? Wilder? Maybe Arteta?
Who knows but you can't just stick with a muppet because you sacked a few managers before him. They need to improve the process however, of recruiting a manager. Like any job, interview them as many times as you need to and more due diligence required......

But I would be hoping for somebody with actual trophy-winning experience, somebody young and hungry, like a Martinez, a Silva, hell even a Moyes, not somebody whos been a manager for 18 years and his only claim to fame is getting promoted, twice.

Wilder is a total flavour of the month, if he can keep Sheff Utd in the league, well then hes done a great job. If he can keep them in next season and improve then well done.

Its funny you mention Eddie Howe, another fella that loads big up, hes done nothing impressive either. What have either of them done that say for example David Moyes hasnt done? or Mark Hughes? or Tony Pulis?

david moyes didn't even get promoted from the championship ??

infact he did nothing before coing here to carry on doing nothing..

pulis got stoke up from the championship, more than moyes also

not even sure if hughes has done ANYTHING ..

so wilder and howe have better cv's than moyes and hughes and equal to pulis

what all this means I don't know.

but we need to be looking for a manger who fits this club. whetehr hes won trophies or not doesn't really matter , as we don't win anything anyway.

we just need the right man who will understand what we all want and how to do it.

THATS ALL

one thing for sure id much much much rather go for howe or wilder than a Marcelino type that has done chuff all in spain for 20 years

I agree with a lot you say but some managers are outdated and apply different techniques to what works nowadays. The game has changed over the years and Howe attracts attention because he tries to play attractive, attacking football which is not what you would associate a club like Bournemouth doing in the premier league. Chris wilder has done so well in the last three years and counting. Moyes and Pulis are dinosaurs who I don’t think are in touch with the modern game/players

I agree with a lot you say but some managers are outdated and apply different techniques to what works nowadays. The game has changed over the years and Howe attracts attention because he tries to play attractive, attacking football which is not what you would associate a club like Bournemouth doing in the premier league. Chris wilder has done so well in the last three years and counting. Moyes and Pulis are dinosaurs who I don’t think are in touch with the modern game/players

Howe is being praised for keeping his team in the league.

Thats all hes done mate.

I mean Moyes got us 4th.

Wilder or Howe cant match that, Moyes isnt what we need and neither are those 2 fellas, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.