2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Son red card rescinded.
Had a feeling this might happen after Spurs had the nerve to contest it, which on ‘moral’ grounds they should not have done. Cold light of day, the tackle was a yellow, but it was the root cause of a horrendous injury, and I think Atkinson just thought ‘it’ll be better if I get Son off the field’.

You're talking ancient history, I'm talking about a love-in for recent reds managers going on on an Everton website when morale is already in the gutter and the reds are lording it up and blues are getting enough stick as it is in this town without further humiliating ourselves on top of that. I'm talking about right now not years ago and the last thing we need is blues gettng all starry-eyed about reds' managers - it's undermining, it breaks ranks. Why are you making out I hate players from the past? Whos said that?! I'm just saying what I expect to see on an Everton website and one thing I expect is not people going on about how great recent red rejects would be for the manager job at Everton.
You need to start worrying about Everton mate and seeing what’s right for us to move us forward. Breaking ranks? Ok, let’s just hire incompetent managers to fight relegation. How’s that for saving face? The reason Rodgers and Benitez are mentioned is that they are probably the best available managers (or were) to us and we plumped for Watfords reject instead. Benitez has managed

You need to start worrying about Everton mate and seeing what’s right for us to move us forward. Breaking ranks? Ok, let’s just hire incompetent managers to fight relegation. How’s that for saving face? The reason Rodgers and Benitez are mentioned is that they are probably the best available managers (or were) to us and we plumped for Watfords reject instead. Benitez has managed
I am the one who is "worrying" about Everton, when I see blues fawning over what the reds have because they can't consolidate their own identity. If you think the basic concept of competitiveness that underpins football is "schoolyard" what is the point in even being bothered? Let's all grow up then and stop caring, May as well change the kit to red while we're at it.

If we now have something equivalent to the resources they had when they hired Fact Man and Envelope Man, then we should be hiring someone who can do something proper at the club: no, not nomarks and no, not reds' rejects either. You hire a red reject as your figurehead, that will always undermine the overall morale and you will still get stick in the pub.

I am the one who is "worrying" about Everton, when I see blues fawning over what the reds have because they can't consolidate their own identity. If you think the basic concept of competitiveness that underpins football is "schoolyard" what is the point in even being bothered? Let's all grow up then and stop caring, May as well change the kit to red while we're at it.
Worrying about Everton should be a direct relationship to what WE do on the pitch. Not what our local rivals are doing. Rivals??? We are not even that mate. Lets face it, we are miles away from them and its embarrassing how all we do is sing about Liverpool when we are getting beat at home to Burnley. Im all up for local rivalry mate but to not go after a manager, who would no doubt improve our club, just because he managed our local rivals amongst a load of other teams is bordering on insanity. Lets concentrate on improving us. Footballs a very fickle sport and people's allegiances are quickly forgotten after a win or two.

His demeanor at the press conference was a disgrace. Spurs controlling the messaging about poor old son and it not being a red. Meanwhile Marco the clown sits there refusing to comment. A decent manager would be calling it how it is and demanding improvements to var. but not Marco. No inspiration whatsoever. Out of his depth.

Didn't even need to go in heavy. Just you know say it was a disappointing challenge from Son and there needs to be a crackdown on tackles made with zero intention to get the ball. You know a bit of fire and passion, instead he looks dead behind the eyes and has the body language of a Flump.

We've been an orchestra with no conductor for a long long time. Somebody needs to come in and light a fire under the clubs arse (not literally).

Status
Not open for further replies.