2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will always be a difficult task for him until we can get a natural striker. Kean is a kid learning the ropes so we have DCL and Tosun yet Richarlison is now getting the nod. Even the so called poorer teams have better strikers than us. Many games this season have called out for a capable striker to get us the foothold we need. Even West Ham should have been put to bed in the 1st half alone yet we are in doubt until the late goal by Siggy. January needs us to get that natural striker or we will continue to struggle. The fox in the box is missing.

Ideally, yes, obviously you'd LIKE to see that...

But quick question - do you go into work and give absolutely 100% effort every single day?
When I did work,yes my job was in sales and very results driven,if I didn't I was up the road an experience Premier League footballers never experience

....not sure why he persists with asking his defenders to keep possession in and around our own box. It’s high risk. We don’t have a CB capable of stepping out with the ball. Inevitably we are pressed and put under the pressure so end up launching it anyway.

Can’t see any advantage in doing it.
It’s flavour of the month to try and play out like Pep’s teams, but as you say, if you don’t have a cb skilful enough on the ball, forget it. It’s hard enough to score goals in the premiership, so why fanny around in your own box and then give the ball away, just makes it easier for the opposition to score without them having to do much.

I wasn't looking forward to this game. However once I saw the team selection I was much more optimistic. I just hope he sticks with the same first 11 next week.

Answered a lot of critics yesterday.

Need to see us build on this.
No he hasn't.

And that is part of the issue. Fans so quick to forget the bad and hope for the good.

I'm glad we won, I'm glad he changed the team and I'm glad we got a great home performance. But that means nothing if we lose the next 3, have another bad run or he reverts back to his team.

Silva is still the manager who concedes from set pieces, loses more than he wins and doesn't win from a losing position.

I mean unsworth beat west ham 4-0!

Most fans would agree that they want Silva manager if we are doing well. If we won the next 10 games would anyone want him sacked? No. If allardyce had got us top 4 would we have wanted him gone? No.

But then there is still plenty of football left and still plenty of time to have a bad spell. It's up to Silva to make sure that doesn't happen

No he hasn't.

And that is part of the issue. Fans so quick to forget the bad and hope for the good.

I'm glad we won, I'm glad he changed the team and I'm glad we got a great home performance. But that means nothing if we lose the next 3, have another bad run or he reverts back to his team.

Silva is still the manager who concedes from set pieces, loses more than he wins and doesn't win from a losing position.

Most fans would agree that they want Silva manager if we are doing well. If we won the next 10 games would anyone want him sacked? No. If allardyce had got us top 4 would we have wanted him gone? No.

But then there is still plenty of football left and still plenty of time to have a bad spell. It's up to Silva to make sure that doesn't happen

Finally someone talking sense!

Same fans lauding Silva will be moaning "Get dat der Silva out da club" if we drop points against Brighton next weekend.

1 win in 5 should not mean a manager should keep his job any more than 1 loss in 5 meaning a manager should lose his job.

No he hasn't.

So Silva has to build on this and use as a platform for us we all know this. Ffs

Finally someone talking sense!

Same fans lauding Silva will be moaning "Get dat der Silva out da club" if we drop points against Brighton next weekend.

1 win in 5 should not mean a manager should keep his job any more than 1 loss in 5 meaning a manager should lose his job.

FFS, I went out this morning, just come back in and your still at it.

GIVE IT A REST, WE`VE GOT THE MESSAGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.