2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being fair to Marco, Moyes was hideously rigid with team selection at times. Often we found a winning team by accident due to an injury or suspension forcing him to play someone in a different position or use a different player. He's not alone. Wish he was braver or more flexible though.

It was a good win, but this team has form of winning, to get the critics off their back, and then going back to old habits.But i just call things as i see it.I praise and criticize when i see fit, and i shall continue to do exactly that.I say what i feel.Im not going to say, ah sure isn't everything brilliant, when it quite clearly isn't.;) But tonight is a good night.Up the toffees.:)
On the night of a good win, a reason to celebrate and praise the only 3 posts you have made throughout the site is where you have stalked me and made a feeble attempt as a WUM on this thread, the Scottish football and Rangers threads commenting on my posts, there are several thousand other posters on here perhaps you would like to attach yourself to one of those where you are of like mind @Ashtonian for instance.

Quite telling how the players and manager put in a shift when the job was on the line.

No question marks as to the professionalism of anyone at the club as to why personnel changes, individual performances both from the players and manager haven't been there from earlier on in the season.

Of course I question. The vaults will show me very unhappy after Sheff Utd, and calling Silva out specifically. However today showed that a) Silva was willing to change the personnel, dropping under-performing players, b) the players picked, put in a shift for the manager and the shirt.

As I said, he’s on a tightrope, but today, he deserves some credit.
You are totally missing my point,win lose or draw the same level of effort and intensity is the least we should expect. Very few would complain even if after a defeat fans knew the team had given 100% it'll always be a concern that Silva can't get that level of consistency from them. Next week will reveal a lot.

You are totally missing my point,win lose or draw the same level of effort and intensity is the least we should expect. Very few would complain even if after a defeat fans knew the team had given 100% it'll always be a concern that Silva can't get that level of consistency from them. Next week will reveal a lot.
Ideally, yes, obviously you'd LIKE to see that...

But quick question - do you go into work and give absolutely 100% effort every single day?

....he’s got enough going for him as long as he can keep picking up points;

- the last thing Moshiri will want is the upheaval of a new manager hunt.

- it’s early in the season to be enticing a manager from his current job, so the choice is restricted.

- Brands appears to be ‘on the same page’ as Silva, there is no sign of friction between the two.

- the players appear to be behind him, the spirit looks fine.

He needs to really show he has turned a corner now for me - no more slumps or losing 3-4 games on the bounce to poor opposition should be acceptable. I hope that he can turn out to be a good manager for us and prove the doubters (myself included) wrong though.

A starting point but I'm not fooled this time.

I admire his bravery/desperation yesterday, maybe if he was braver he wouldn't be in this position. Hopefully Schneiderlin is no more.

I understand your point. The bit in bold is pretty much what I said in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.