2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and he still shouldn't be managing Everton Football Club
but what if we win the next 5 games....
He needs to win a league game after conceding first to be even considered a reasonable long term manager.

Today shows that the side is capable of taking the game to the opposition.

Can they unlock a rigid defense, be more clinical in front of goal and defend set pieces better.

Those questions will need answering positively in the coming weeks / months.
Yes, that would be great for everyone....the point I am making is that we string a group of wins together over the next few weeks....what about we win next 4/5 games games1-0 and in some of the games do not play great....however we therefore reach the quarted final of the Carabao cup and be in the top 6 of the prem...that changes everything

The Sheffield and Burnley games have already had their post-mortem. The question for me was around commitment and intensity, and today we showed both.

Silva is on a tightrope, but today he at least showed he could get the players to play for him.
And the post mortems found a lack of effort,so begs the question why it's switched on and off,or you're happy not to question?

And the post mortems found a lack of effort,so begs the question why it's switched on and off,or you're happy not to question?

Of course I question. The vaults will show me very unhappy after Sheff Utd, and calling Silva out specifically. However today showed that a) Silva was willing to change the personnel, dropping under-performing players, b) the players picked, put in a shift for the manager and the shirt.

As I said, he’s on a tightrope, but today, he deserves some credit.

The disappointment comes from the fact that on paper it should have been an easy start. We've played poorly in virtually all of our games and he refused to change system and drop certain players. You could argue that you need to give things a chance but first and foremost you need to set up to beat what is in front of you.

Deserves some credit today for his selection. Got to keep the same line up. Much quicker going forward which brought Walcott alive. Richy more of a nuisance up top and Bernard and Digne just click together.

Only he can answer that. If you want my opinion I think he became increasingly cautious with each defeat and put more protection in. I suspect today he felt given it was almost win or bust he through caution to the wind. It's amazing what will go for you if you have a go though. Whats that saying about fortune favouring the brave?
I hope you’re right because it would mean he actually knows what he’s doing. However I fear he’s stumbling around in the dark without much of a clue and got lucky. Time will tell I guess

The disappointment comes from the fact that on paper it should have been an easy start. We've played poorly in virtually all of our games and he refused to change system and drop certain players. You could argue that you need to give things a chance but first and foremost you need to set up to beat what is in front of you.

Deserves some credit today for his selection. Got to keep the same line up. Much quicker going forward which brought Walcott alive. Richy more of a nuisance up top and Bernard and Digne just click together.

Just begs the question about how incompetent / obstinate he is.
Everyone has picked up on the failings (except the usual suspects) , and only now after wasting a gloriously easy start to the season , has he changed.
Couple of easy games to come , then a horror stretch.
With a number of the normal top 4 / 6 clubs in transition / trouble , this was our golden chance.
Even if he generates a resurgence , his performance has been very poor , and the effect on the club , massive

Just begs the question about how incompetent / obstinate he is.
Everyone has picked up on the failings (except the usual suspects) , and only now after wasting a gloriously easy start to the season , has he changed.
Couple of easy games to come , then a horror stretch.
With a number of the normal top 4 / 6 clubs in transition / trouble , this was our golden chance.
Even if he generates a resurgence , his performance has been very poor , and the effect on the club , massive
My personal opinion is that he's out of his depth and not for us long term. I can't see the point of sacking him unless there is a strategy and quality replacement. We need to get the next one right. Fairly young nucleus of players, new stadium and financial backing with the right manager could be exciting times.
As long as we aren't flirting with relegation might as well give him the season whilst planning for the future.
I would love to be proved wrong, him pick up a trophy this year, sneak into Europe and the following year even better etc. Can't see it but no point paying him a load of compo, panic bringing in the next manager and repeat.

Would love to hear what negative only posters like @Cork Evertonian think of his leadership today, I'm not Silva's biggest fan but he listened and got it right today.

It was a good win, but this team has form of winning, to get the critics off their back, and then going back to old habits.But i just call things as i see it.I praise and criticize when i see fit, and i shall continue to do exactly that.I say what i feel.Im not going to say, ah sure isn't everything brilliant, when it quite clearly isn't.;) But tonight is a good night.Up the toffees.:)

If we play like that every week or almost every week he is here long term. Bar the top 2 every team in this league will have poor results and runs. I’m not saying the start to season is acceptable because it’s not. But I hope today he has realised that in this league pace and movement is the key. We tackled every ball today and didn’t give West Ham time on the ball. They had no answer, and let’s be honest better finishing and bit luck this game should of been more like 5. The big thing for me is he has to keep the same team next week and leave Sigurdsson and Coleman out. And tell those players who started against West Ham that’s the level, you continue like that then you start.

Stumbled on yesterdays line up by default in many ways.. If Coleman / Delph were available they would have played and maybe Scnerderlin as well.. The Gylfi change should have happened three games ago. How did he not realise a few games ago that we needed players who move the ball faster and play forward balls ?

It was a good win, but this team has form of winning, to get the critics off their back, and then going back to old habits.But i just call things as i see it.I praise and criticize when i see fit, and i shall continue to do exactly that.I say what i feel.Im not going to say, ah sure isn't everything brilliant, when it quite clearly isn't.;) But tonight is a good night.Up the toffees.:)
It's a fact that the only time you praise Everton is when you are called out for all your consistently negative posts as you've just attested to, it would be nice to hear some consistent support from you for Everton instead of heaping it on all the other clubs you support on here including both Sheffield clubs which I'm afraid I find rather strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.