2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today’s game prove we have the resources to play good high power high tempo football pacy football.

The problem is Silva chooses not to, and only decides otherwise when his job is at stake. I don’t think he prefer to see us play this way. He does not believe, base on whatever his philosophy is, that this is a proud way football should be play.

I don't think he's necessarily choosing not to play that kind of football, just that it's taken him a while to realise it's not possible to do so with certain players, such as Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin, in the team (which in itself is a worry, granted).

Not really - if the board had the guts he would have been booted after Burnley and we could have all celebrated a win today without the sour taste of knowing its kept the blagger in a job for another 5+ games.

We win one then lose/draw 2 or 3 as thats Marco Silva mate - if you enjoy that knowing deep down you'll never see us qualify for europe or win a trophy sound buzz all you want over a random poster on a football forum.

As I said many times come the season end seeing the Red lot parade that first league title in 30 years around our City whilst we sit around mid table doing nought again will finally wake the masses up.
So you're fuming a bit then?

Fair play just got to give credit where it's due, he made changes today that I thought he wouldn't. He could quite easily lose his next three and be sacked but if we put in a similar performance as we did today I will be hopeful we can pick up points.

the fella is quite clearly capable of getting it right , like today and like at his previous clubs ..

but it only happens a dozen times a year , which is not what this club wants

Good performance. Long overdue changes were made. The season isn't totally lost, as the league is still quite closely packed. We need a bit more than one win every five games though.

So you're fuming a bit then?

That we won? No
That Silva still has a job? Yes

Same way I'll be meh next weekend whilst all the idiots expecting total football after today will be crying SILVA OUT! when Brighton likely do us from a set piece as thats Marco Silva for you - its astonishing so many still haven't realised that nearly 18 months in to his tenure :coffee:

Inappropriate Language
the fella is quite clearly capable of getting it right , like today and like at his previous clubs ..

but it only happens a dozen times a year , which is not what this club wants
I agree mate, if he wants to stay at Everton he needs to cut out these Months long patches of absolute rubish like after the Derby last season.

Last edited:
I don't think he's necessarily choosing not to play that kind of football, just that it's taken him a while to realise it's not possible to do so with certain players, such as Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin, in the team (which in itself is a worry, granted).

When he first started, our football was high press high tempo. It gradually changes to possesion after a good run. We were awful and slipping down the table fast.

We began to pick up after switching back to the former approach.

It happen again this season. Too coincidence to ignore and it is obviously his choice.

That we won? No
That Silva still has a job? Yes

Same way I'll be meh next weekend whilst all the idiots expecting total football after today will be crying SILVA OUT! when Brighton likely do us from a set piece as thats Marco Silva for you - its astonishing so many still haven't realised that nearly 18 months in to his tenure :coffee:
The majority want him out and so do I if the right Manager was to come in. Stop acting like you're somehow in the minority when it comes to wanting Silva gone.

Although I enjoyed the match for once today, the result changed nothing for me. I didn't believe Silva was the man to take us forward before the match and I still don't believe it now. Sorry if a 2-0 home win over West Ham isn't enough to change my outlook but there you go. I hope he proves me totally wrong and goes on to have massive success with us but imo he won't be here by the time next season gets underway.

I don’t want it to change your mind, I trust when you do it’ll be cause we’re doing well so I look forward to it.

I’m glad I don’t have to listen to another week of continuous Silva out posts though.

It would set us back years if we changed it again now in my humble opinion and it’s hard work listening to Evertonian’s talking about pressing the self destruct button, as we have had to do during the week just gone.

This win should quieten things down for another week and we can enjoy the 3 points and more importantly to me, the performance for a few days.

Hopefully this is the start of a run to match the great run we had at the end of last season and if it does start now, much earlier than last year, there’s still a lot that could be achieved.

Last edited:

....not sure why he persists with asking his defenders to keep possession in and around our own box. It’s high risk. We don’t have a CB capable of stepping out with the ball. Inevitably we are pressed and put under the pressure so end up launching it anyway.

Can’t see any advantage in doing it.

The majority want him out and so do I if the right Manager was to come in. Stop acting like you're somehow in the minority when it comes to wanting Silva gone.

Well the fans need to stop acting like flip flopping fools and make their voices heard.

Leicester fans made it clear they wanted Puel out despite him getting big wins against the top 6 as he wasnt consistent enough now they are sat 2nd in the table under a half decent manager.

Meanwhile we are 13th in the table after easy fixtures and fans are patting themselves on the back - the club from top to bottom is embarassing.

Wins like today should be expected not treated as if we've just tonked kin Liverpool.

....sometimes a manager gets lucky and stumbles on a good balance or formation. I’m a critic of Silva’s tactics but I’m not one for sacking managers. Hopefully he gets a few results and performances that take the pressure off. The fans were brilliant today, it’s not asking much for the team to play with purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.