2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
the same way the manager & players have deserved the stick that they received they also deserve a well earned pat on the back for today. every player was superb & Mina, Davies & Gomes were a class above. No ifs or buts, just enjoy the good performance lads

That we won? No
That Silva still has a job? Yes

Same way I'll be meh next weekend whilst all the idiots expecting total football after today will be crying SILVA OUT! when Brighton likely do us from a set piece as thats Marco Silva for you - its astonishing so many still haven't realised that nearly 18 months in to his tenure :coffee:
Lad just chill out and enjoy a decent win,no one is asking you to dress as Silva for Hallowe'en

The majority want him out and so do I if the right Manager was to come in. Stop acting like you're somehow in the minority when it comes to wanting Silva gone.
To be honest very few want him to stay, if anything some just dont want a manager merry go around.
Great win today and obvs credit for the team changes, it possibly saved his job for now at least.

....not sure why he persists with asking his defenders to keep possession in and around our own box. It’s high risk. We don’t have a CB capable of stepping out with the ball. Inevitably we are pressed and put under the pressure so end up launching it anyway.

Can’t see any advantage in doing it.

I think it's to tempt opposition to sit higher and higher whenever Pickford has possession. The plan being that every once in a while when pushing up one player switches off a bit and then Pickford can launch a long one - worked a couple of times today.

Trouble is that the CB's we have aren't great on the ball when put under pressure. I don't think it's a case of wanting them to step out with the ball but to be able to deal with a little pressuring without making panic passes. This is where someone like Davies need to work a bit harder on dropping in to give an easy option.

I can see why Silva persists in it as that's how players get better at it. Experience of it leading to better decision making which can go a long way in compensating for not being a natural on the ball.

giphy.gif

Kept himself in a job today. Players still playing for him. He's been getting battered because of the results so credit when the team finaly show up and put in a good perfomance.
Should have been out of sight and all that hard work nearly thrown away by the defending 5 minutes from the end. He wouldnt have deserved that at all but that falling asleep defending from set pieces is still going to let us down.
I thought he was a dead man walking today. He might still be but fair play his team showed up. Shame its taken so long this season.
Lives to fight another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.