2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone said to you that for the next 10 seasons we'll do nothing but finish 8-13th you would be happy with that?

I honestly get no enjoyment out of the PL when we are as we currently are - no europe, no trophies, no success whats the difference between playing Bournemouth every week than say a Leeds or Notts Forest?

I think some on here are fantastists who still think we are a relevance in football when in reality the current board have us performing consistency at the levels of a Watford/Crystal Palace who make up the numbers - we are a big club being ran into the ground therefore as someone not old enough to see the 80's I would sadly take an FA Cup win and going down than the current Malaise at Everton of talking a good game but consistency doing naff all in midtable obscurity year after year after year after year.

Considering we were one of the instigators in the forming of the premier league we haven't been relevant to It for years, we're not even a big club anymore.

A ringing endorsement.

Holy Moly. Sousa is having a stormer at Famalicao. Top of the league and unbeaten after 7 games is an incredible achievement. Seems like he may have been the real brains of the operation for last seasons resurgence and defensive stability.

Really feeling his loss right now.

Holy Moly. Sousa is having a stormer at Famalicao. Top of the league and unbeaten after 7 games is an incredible achievement. Seems like he may have been the real brains of the operation for last seasons resurgence and defensive stability.

Yeah but silva got estoril promoted from Portuguese second div...

God I hate your British dailies. Clickbait and only clickbait.

Newsflash Guardian, Silva didn't spend anything; Brands did. Silva just doesn't know how to manage them. If you're gonna sl@g him - and I don't care if you do - at least pretend to be journalism.

Sousa apparently took all the set piece sessions last season and turned around our zonal marking issue. Now he's gone.

Jose wants a top job in England. Liverpool and City are taken, United and Chelsea can’t happen so realistically he has Arsenal (unlikely) or Spurs as possible candidates. After that it’s us.
I do think Jose would have to consider Everton if he wants to stay in English football.
As you have pointed out Liverpool, City,Chelsea and Utd are out of the question.
Spurs are unlikely to go for Mourinho and even more unlikely to be able to provide him with the kind of budget or salary he would need.

Arsenal, I believe, could easily be the only other contender for his signature, Emery is only on a two year deal and for some reason he just doesn't seem appreciated by Arsenal supporters. I don't know if Arsenal under Kroenke would give the salary or budget Mourinho would want.... but I think they may be more likely to do so than Spurs.

If Everton were based in London instead of Liverpool than I think we would be a real contender for his signature.
Moshiri is prepared to spend big on players and managers and would love a high profile manager like Mourinho.
It would certainly move us up the MOTD order of appearance.
It depends on what Mourinho wants from football at this stage of his career. It may be that he just wants to go to a club who are already in the top six and may not have the energy or interest to take on a club as a project.
I think that some would argue that football has moved on and left managers like Mourinho behind , does he want to take on a challenge to prove this theory wrong, there really are very few clubs who could provide him with that opportunity, we may be one of the few, but it is still very much an outside bet.

I do think Jose would have to consider Everton if he wants to stay in English football.
As you have pointed out Liverpool, City,Chelsea and Utd are out of the question.
Spurs are unlikely to go for Mourinho and even more unlikely to be able to provide him with the kind of budget or salary he would need.

Arsenal, I believe, could easily be the only other contender for his signature, Emery is only on a two year deal and for some reason he just doesn't seem appreciated by Arsenal supporters. I don't know if Arsenal under Kroenke would give the salary or budget Mourinho would want.... but I think they may be more likely to do so than Spurs.

If Everton were based in London instead of Liverpool than I think we would be a real contender for his signature.
Moshiri is prepared to spend big on players and managers and would love a high profile manager like Mourinho.
It would certainly move us up the MOTD order of appearance.
It depends on what Mourinho wants from football at this stage of his career. It may be that he just wants to go to a club who are already in the top six and may not have the energy or interest to take on a club as a project.
I think that some would argue that football has moved on and left managers like Mourinho behind , does he want to take on a challenge to prove this theory wrong, there really are very few clubs who could provide him with that opportunity, we may be one of the few, but it is still very much an outside bet.
too bad we're not based in London lol

Status
Not open for further replies.