2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted him gone last season during that December patch but that was a reactionary feeling after going from December to Feb with what felt like winning 1 game but now he's having this patch again and it's not good enough, I can't think of any reason to get behind him even if he won the next 4 matches it would just be papering over the cracks.
He isn't the man to take us to the European spots.

Would you like to win a cup and get relegated?

It depends on what we are doing in the prem - if its competing with the top 6 and being best of the rest in 7th qualifying for Europe most seasons NO

HOWEVER

If its the past few seasons of inconsistency and finishing anywhere from 8-13th with the odd falling into the bottom 3 every few weeks then I would rather the Cup win and relegation.

I've said it many times - money aside the Premier League is absolutely crap for any side unable/unwilling to compete - the top 6 have a cartel and the rest make up the numbers with season after season ticking by never seeing your club ever achieve anything. From a fan who goes the games perspective - I certainly wouldn't miss the current PL based on the last 3 seasons of garbage we have been subjected to.

Jose Mourinho would not join a club like Everton.

We haven't won anything since 1995. Chelsea lifted the FA Cup in 2000 - 4 years prior to when he first arrived, and were well placed financially to poise a threat to the Arsenal/United orthodoxy.

We are so far behind that that that it's not even worth considering.

I'd much rather give Silva time. I don't believe we're in danger of relegation as we're still creating chances, and able to revert to a far more defensive outfit and maintain a cleansheet when our backs are against the wall. I very much see this as second-season syndrome, and given time we can get it right.

lol, Koeman, Allardyce, Silva - Whose next? It will be another he might come good appointment that will need sacking and overstaying their welcome.

Why do board see MS as the right man when all the supporters can call the team, tactics and manner of defeat??? Baffling....

Everyone was really happy with Koeman if I remember right.

I personally didn't want him but he got my full backing whilst he was here.

I was desperate for him to go when he did but in hindsight, even that may have been premature but his transfer dealings were a sackable offence in themselves.

IMO that is not the case with Silva who's done good transfer business....he just needs to be allowed to finish the rebuild.

Jose Mourinho would not join a club like Everton.

We haven't won anything since 1995. Chelsea lifted the FA Cup in 2000 - 4 years prior to when he first arrived, and were well placed financially to poise a threat to the Arsenal/United orthodoxy.

We are so far behind that that that it's not even worth considering.

I'd much rather give Silva time. I don't believe we're in danger of relegation as we're still creating chances, and able to revert to a far more defensive outfit and maintain a cleansheet when our backs are against the wall. I very much see this as second-season syndrome, and given time we can get it right.

Jose is at a very different point in his career right now.

I think he wants the PL badly and there's not many PL clubs bigger and more attractive than us who'd want him apart form maybe Spurs.

I wouldn't rule Jose out at all but I am still a fan of Silva and unless someone proven on the level of Jose makes it known he wants the job I'd be leaving Silva to carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.