2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was showng any signs of progressing the team, any signs of improvement I would be for giving him the season. But we are going backwards and he won't change the team. So he has to go. The guy has no consistent level in his managerial career his teams are either very good or diabolical, we are never going to achieve anything with a inconsistent manager like that. The players also need to look at themselves.

Moshiri and Silva must be in some sort of relationship.

Only way it explains his throbbing hard on for him since he first laid eyes on his 7 half decent games at Watford and floundering here.

Were not Wigan so expectations are different .

To be honest I would take the FA Cup with relegation but only because we are desperate for a trophy
It depends on what we are doing in the prem - if its competing with the top 6 and being best of the rest in 7th qualifying for Europe most seasons NO

HOWEVER

If its the past few seasons of inconsistency and finishing anywhere from 8-13th with the odd falling into the bottom 3 every few weeks then I would rather the Cup win and relegation.

Jesus wept.

Jose Mourinho would not join a club like Everton.

We haven't won anything since 1995. Chelsea lifted the FA Cup in 2000 - 4 years prior to when he first arrived, and were well placed financially to poise a threat to the Arsenal/United orthodoxy.

We are so far behind that that that it's not even worth considering.

I'd much rather give Silva time. I don't believe we're in danger of relegation as we're still creating chances, and able to revert to a far more defensive outfit and maintain a cleansheet when our backs are against the wall. I very much see this as second-season syndrome, and given time we can get it right.

Jose wants a top job in England. Liverpool and City are taken, United and Chelsea can’t happen so realistically he has Arsenal (unlikely) or Spurs as possible candidates. After that it’s us.

I think sacking him would be the final nail in the coffin that carries this club's decency.

Quickly becoming the Newcastle of the North West.
Why? Surely, the error is in appointing poor managers, not getting rid of them?

As for Newcastle, I bet they wish that they hadn't given Pardew five years, or McClaren enough time to ensure that Benitez couldn't keep them up.

Last edited:
Jose wants a top job in England. Liverpool and City are taken, United and Chelsea can’t happen so realistically he has Arsenal (unlikely) or Spurs as possible candidates. After that it’s us.

I don't think you can rule out, astute managers looking at this squad, and feeling it is badly utilised. There is a strong sense that I feel Benitez and Mourinho get. Iwobi, Richarlinson and Kean are all very good or potentially very strong players. We just need to go back to basics a little bit.

I don't think you can rule out, astute managers looking at this squad, and feeling it is badly utilised. There is a strong sense that I feel Benitez and Mourinho get. Iwobi, Richarlinson and Kean are all very good or potentially very strong players. We just need to go back to basics a little bit.
Looking at it realistically I can't help but think if those managers were interested then we wouldn't be waiting to see if Silva can turn it around. They're an obvious upgrade so surely the club would just cut their losses now and get the upgrade in not keep them on the back burner

I never thought that he should have been given the job. Like Martinez he had a track record of failure/relegation. However, i'm not sure if it's worth sacking him now. It's still early season and one win would get us up to 10th-ish and make the overall picture seem less apocalyptic. If there are three worse teams than us in the premier league, then i'd give him the rest of the season whilst working behind the scenes to tap up a new manager (much as the RS did with Jurgen 'media whore' Klopp). Appointing someone now with nothing but the price inflated January transfer window may be needlessly unsettling. The question is; are there 3 worse teams in the premier league than us?
Currently there are not, the table is there for all to see along with the fixture list. We pray it changes but as we speak....relegated

Jesus wept.

If someone said to you that for the next 10 seasons we'll do nothing but finish 8-13th you would be happy with that?

I honestly get no enjoyment out of the PL when we are as we currently are - no europe, no trophies, no success whats the difference between playing Bournemouth every week than say a Leeds or Notts Forest?

I think some on here are fantastists who still think we are a relevance in football when in reality the current board have us performing consistency at the levels of a Watford/Crystal Palace who make up the numbers - we are a big club being ran into the ground therefore as someone not old enough to see the 80's I would sadly take an FA Cup win and going down than the current Malaise at Everton of talking a good game but consistency doing naff all in midtable obscurity year after year after year after year.

I never thought that he should have been given the job. Like Martinez he had a track record of failure/relegation. However, i'm not sure if it's worth sacking him now. It's still early season and one win would get us up to 10th-ish and make the overall picture seem less apocalyptic. If there are three worse teams than us in the premier league, then i'd give him the rest of the season whilst working behind the scenes to tap up a new manager (much as the RS did with Jurgen 'media whore' Klopp). Appointing someone now with nothing but the price inflated January transfer window may be needlessly unsettling. The question is; are there 3 worse teams in the premier league than us?
Right now? No. But let's be real. Just because we've underperformed doesn't magically make other teams better. Top 6 is clearly a pipe dream but relegation is just as unlikely (regardless of where sides are in the table today).

Status
Not open for further replies.