2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if not ?
How many more pointers do you need , not one convincing display this season....in fact its been dier.
His track record tells you it wil not get any better .

You want to keep him , but it can do untold more damage if its delayed. I was with you sticking it out with Martinez but that proved pointless.
Silva never is or was the right fit for this club , he' s proving it time and time again.

Got to be done now , if not and we get near Xmas no creditable manager will touch us.
Moyes ,Fat Sam & Mark Hughes will be chomping at the bit.

No .....time is right to do it now.
Problem is , as we saw last time, sacking a manager when the season is under way severely restricts your options and whether you sack him now or wait until Xmas the same motley crew of specimens you outline above are the most likely to arrive.

8 games this season. Before the season began most people were happy. 8 games go by and we need to rip the club up from top to bottom and start again with a new manager.

Sorry, that is waaaaaaaaay too trigger happy for me.

I'd like to see him be given to end of November, but accept that this carpetbagger is weak enough to be led by the nose by fans and stupid enough to keep on back seat driving even when he's hired another DoF.
He's been here 18 months Dave its far far worse now with a good squad than the rubbish Koeman & Walsh left him.
You need to take your Silva tinted glasses off mate.
In your lingo he's a busted flush....stick a fork in him he's done.

Do it now....its begining to propper fester now.

Problem is , as we saw last time, sacking a manager when the season is under way severely restricts your options and whether you sack him now or wait until Xmas the same motley crew of specimens you outline above are the most likely to arrive.
Missed the point fella.
There are good quality (& available ) managers right now.
Leave it till near Xmas they wont be and Pardew and his like will come calling.

Missed the point fella.

Thats the thing - do it now we can get someone good enough in.

Leave it another 3-4 games and we start to be cut adrift and top managers look elswhere.

Lad we’re the only team in the prem without a striker. Bobby Robson? Erm... I don’t think he’s available for the job these days.
Yes, but he was quite capable of changing formations, tactics, etc to suit his players.

It seems managers now all want to play a set way, and lack the ability to adapt to the situation.

Missed the point fella.
Any manager has to fit the template that Brands is creating and has been recruiting for, which greatly reduces the amount of currently available managers.
Most likely it would be an interim manager , Unsworth or Moyes would seem favourites.
Although after the Allardyce experience I imagine we would be robust in setting strict limits to their tenure and remuneration.

Any manager has to fit the template that Brands is creating and has been recruiting for, which greatly reduces the amount of currently available managers.
Most likely it would be an interim manager , Unsworth or Moyes would seem favourites.
Although after the Allardyce experience I imagine we would be robust in setting strict limits to their tenure and remuneration.
That will not happen again mate.

Interim managers just do not work particulary in this sort of set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.