2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheap that mate , its about a Bolassie or Klassen.
I personnally dont think this squad needs a lot adding to it , but of course a new guy wants his own too.
But then again if Silva stayed he'd just carry on spending and we end up same place.
It'll be done soon enough.
There are serious holes in the squad. Silva said all summer that he wanted Zouma or a similar player, a left footed winger and a striker. Brands has failed him on all 3 fronts (I know we got Moise Kean but he’s more for the future not to hit the ground running this season). We also sold Gana and his replacement has been injured, as has Gomes which left us playing with a totally unbalanced midfield. Yes he could have tried to do something different with the team but it’s not all Silva’s fault.
We’ve got long term problems that can’t be sorted with a quick fix sacking.

Makes no difference to me if he wins against West Ham or however many games he wins in the future. I am completely done with him and wont be satisfied till he is gone. The man is absolutely clueless and incapable and should not be managing Everton. No amount of future wins can change the abysmal and embarrassing first 2 months of this season in which he was dealt a very favourable start and put us straight into the relegation zone. And its not like its something new either because he had a very poor run last season too. This season is just more of the same and it should be pretty obvious to everyone now that this is who he is and he isn't the right man to take us forward.

I just hope that the Everton board have already decided that he has to go and will pull the trigger as soon as they have someone lined up.

There are serious holes in the squad. Silva said all summer that he wanted Zouma or a similar player, a left footed winger and a striker. Brands has failed him on all 3 fronts (I know we got Moise Kean but he’s more for the future not to hit the ground running this season). We also sold Gana and his replacement has been injured, as has Gomes which left us playing with a totally unbalanced midfield. Yes he could have tried to do something different with the team but it’s not all Silva’s fault.
That may be true, but a good coach also gets the most from what he has. There is no way Bobby Robson would be struggling with this squad.

Its a squad of full internationals most playing regularly for top international teams make no mistake .The set up , the tactics ,reluctance to change and set pieces are whats costing us.
Yes we should have got an experienced striker and another centre half , but every manager bar Klopp & Pep want more players.
Bottom line this squad should be no where near bottom of the table.

Agree with that. We've got legacy issues going as far back as when Martinez started building a squad. Walsh and Jughead making an absolute mess of the squad afterwards.

If Glbammo and Gomes were fit all season I think we'd be looking at a much different Everton side right now. We've unfortunately had to rely on the dregs of the previous era.

Yes Silva has plenty of faults. Mostly visible through the regression of the squad on set pieces and absence of a plan B. Still though, I don't think a sacking will get us anywhere at this point. Unless there's a top tier manager willing to step in I think we should back him.

beating west ham isn't gonna convince me that he's the right man for us no, I'd need a lot more than that to convince me he can take us higher considering how badly he's messed it up so far.
I'm sure your thoughts will be exercising the minds of those in the corridors of power at Everton. :coffee:

Is this current run of form worse than when Koeman and Martinez were sacked?

Genuine question btw, I remember us being complete toilet towards the end of both reigns, but can’t remember just how bad of a run we were on, results-wise.

Is this current run of form worse than when Koeman and Martinez were sacked?

Genuine question btw, I remember us being complete toilet towards the end of both reigns, but can’t remember just how bad of a run we were on, results-wise.

10 games 4 wins 1 draw 5 defeats
SatAug
10​
2019​
PremACrystal PalaceD
0​
-​
0​
25,151​
SatAug
17​
2019​
PremHWatfordW
1​
-​
0​
39,066​
Bernard
FriAug
23​
2019​
PremAAston VillaL
0​
-​
2​
41,922​
WedAug
28​
2019​
LC 2ALincolnW
4​
-​
2​
9,971​
Digne L Sigurdsson G (pen) Iwobi A Richarlison
SunSep
1​
2019​
PremHWolvesW
3​
-​
2​
39,374​
Richarlison 2 Iwobi A
SunSep
15​
2019​
PremABournemouthL
1​
-​
3​
10,416​
Calvert-Lewin D
SatSep
21​
2019​
PremHSheff UtdL
0​
-​
2​
39,354​
TueSep
24​
2019​
LC 3ASheff WedW
2​
-​
0​
21,485​
Calvert-Lewin D 2
SatSep
28​
2019​
PremHMan CityL
1​
-​
3​
39,222​
Calvert-Lewin D
SatOct
5​
2019​
PremABurnleyL
0​
-​
1​
20,650​

Koemans last 10 games 2 wins 2 draws 6 defeats
SatSep
9​
2017​
PremHTottenhamL
0​
-​
3​
38,835​
ThuSep
14​
2017​
EL Gp EAAtalantaL
0​
-​
3​
14,608​
SunSep
17​
2017​
PremAMan UtdL
0​
-​
4​
75,042​
WedSep
20​
2017​
LC 3HSunderlandW
3​
-​
0​
23,593​
Calvert-Lewin D 2 Niasse O
SatSep
23​
2017​
PremHBournemouthW
2​
-​
1​
38,133​
Niasse O 2
ThuSep
28​
2017​
EL Gp EHApollon LimassolD
2​
-​
2​
27,034​
Rooney W Vlasic N
SunOct
1​
2017​
PremHBurnleyL
0​
-​
1​
38,448​
SunOct
15​
2017​
PremABrightonD
1​
-​
1​
30,565​
Rooney W (pen)
ThuOct
19​
2017​
EL Gp EHOlympique LyonnaisL
1​
-​
2​
27,159​
Williams A
SunOct
22​
2017​
PremHArsenalL
2​
-​
5​
39,189​
Rooney W Niasse O

Martinez last 10 games 1 win 3 draws 6 defeats
SatMar
19​
2016​
PremHArsenalL
0​
-​
2​
39,270​
SunApr
3​
2016​
PremAMan UtdL
0​
-​
1​
75,341​
SatApr
9​
2016​
PremAWatfordD
1​
-​
1​
20,663​
McCarthy J
WedApr
13​
2016​
PremAC PalaceD
0​
-​
0​
23,528​
SatApr
16​
2016​
PremHSouthamptonD
1​
-​
1​
36,761​
Funes Mori R
WedApr
20​
2016​
PremALiverpoolL
0​
-​
4​
43,854​
SatApr
23​
2016​
FAC SF Man UtdL
1​
-​
2​
86,064​
Smalling C (og) (at Wembley)
SatApr
30​
2016​
PremHBournemouthW
2​
-​
1​
38,345​
Cleverley T Baines L
SatMay
7​
2016​
PremALeicesterL
1​
-​
3​
32,140​
Mirallas K
WedMay
11​
2016​
PremASunderlandL
0​
-​
3​
46,454​

None of the other managers had it as "easy" as Roberto Silva tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.