2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy to forget we were without our first choice midfield today (Gomes/Gbamin).

Whenever we play Schneiderlin + Sigurdsson together we look doomed from the start.

DCL + Delph + Mina individual errors cost us today...

I normally try not to knee jerk after a loss but the thing is it was so obvious how that match would pan out from the moment the team was announced.

I like Silva but I can't see how anyone can try and defend our away record to the teams around/below us. It's pathetic.

He can only do so much, he can’t change what decisions players do can he? He should be changing things a lot lot earlier tho

The errors come from setting us up in a manner where we are wide open.

We play way too aggressively and it borders on arrogance. The manager is out of his depth and the recruitment is just a joke really.

Mate Silva can’t stop the players switching off or dodgy defending or a flukey free kick/og whatever ya wanna call it
Errrr. I thought a manager picked players and then instilled discipline in them so they focused and didn't make mistakes, poor passes, played with tempo, controlled aggression, desire.

What do you see a managers job as? Pick 11 players and then if they continually underperform just blame the athletes?

What tangible qualities has Silva ever shown as a manger at this sort of level?

May !!... If we don't see off both Sheffield sides in the next week or so - bonfire night is looking unlikely

Let’s be brutally honest the very early season fixtures have been reasonably favourable. None of the opponents to date are likely to finish in the top six and in truth the likelihood is more that they will be in the bottom six.

The Sheffield Utd game isn’t going to be easy they are very well drilled but even then anything other than 3 points can’t be contemplated.
However get past that game and the way the fixtures fall till the end of 2019 will be a huge challenge and based on what I have seen so far I am far from optimistic.
Perhaps it’s all going to click but I just cant see that the defensive unit is strong enough add to that the fact that they certainly are not quick enough to keep mobile attacking units out and as we saw today the lack of both protection and creativity offered up from midfield only adds to the negativity.
Early days I know but ........

Yes he would have done because they’re not good enough. Our players are weak mentally. Until we change the mindset we will continue to witness displays we’ve seen at villa and today.

I just think overall they´re not good enough in every department to be challenging the top 4. I feel like what usually happens is you get the ability first and then you look to address the mentality. At the moment we have neither, at least in terms of challenging the big teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.