2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep thats my stance - if we sack Silva (which we should do but we wont) then it has to be for either an established name or an upcoming exciting manager that has had some form of success in a strong league.

I know who your choice would be but if HE won’t come, who could be convinced to come in? Because whoever did would need to be told, not asked, told to bin the 4-2-3-1 playbook that’s been at FF for 6 years and play a formation to the strength of the players we have

Here we are. Slate the manager, standard practice in football. Not the defense who go missing whenever a bit of pressure is applied. Two goals from set pieces and I dont even know what that their goal was. The formation is solid and gives a good platform for our forward players to create chances as we saw last season. Problem is when your defenders keep switching off the platform is gone and we are left chasing the game. Our play hinges on digne and Coleman, if one of them has an off day we just about get by but if both do we are fudged. Coleman needs a kick up the arse imo.

Should never have happened though.

This.

We are a phoney 'big club' still. Historically, yes. But in terms of big club attitude and standards absolutley DEMANDED - no chance.
Weve literally been the same club for 15-20 years now. Close but no cigar. Couple of good cup runs in that time but bottled them in the end. Nearlt got into the champions league but bottled that too. Theres always some excuse, dodgy decision, if only Yakubu had been fit, arteta injury, jags knee exploding. The truly big clubs go and win stuff in spite of those things.

Moshiri is trying to change it, investing money but it goes beyond that imo. Theres a very clear mentality at everton. Talk the talk but dont walk the walk. The media belittle at any chance they get but maybe they are right to? The badge, the fans deserve a lot better. I know we only lost an away to Bournemouth, a big bogey team for us, but it represents that as much as we think/hope things are changing, the reality is they ain't. Same old same old.

Their recruitment has been fantastic as well though. If Klopp took over our squad now, I think 4 years later most of them would´ve been moved on.
Yes he would have done because they’re not good enough. Our players are weak mentally. Until we change the mindset we will continue to witness displays we’ve seen at villa and today.

He needs to do more but there is a real lack of professional pride in our team that's been a problem that predates Silva. Our players just don't care enough about getting results, they make basic errors at both ends of the pitch which makes getting results nearly impossible.

How many absolute sitters have we missed this season? How many times do we gift wrap goals from the opposition? Silva isn't perfect but the players need to take a LOT more responsibility, Silva can only do so much from the sidelines, it is up to the team to go out and win the game.

As for Silva, he does need to buck his ideas up, his subs are always too late and his insistence on playing Calvert-Lewin is just bewildering. I don't think the board will accept anything lower than 7th this season so he he's up against it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.