2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think we need more than a decent manager though. We need a manager who has us punching above our weight, one who unites the club and has a clear playing style. We spent well in the summer, have a decent squad yet here we are coming away from Villa and Bournemouth away with a -4 goal difference. Throwing on Theo Walcott in the 80th minute to try and get us back in the game.....what on earth.

I would agree with this. For me, over the first three away games against this level of opposition, 5 points would have been acceptable and 7 would be punching above our weight, given our beyond disgraceful record away from home.

It is precisely our away results that define each league season and ultimately what Silva will be judged on.

We have played three sides that we tend to almost universally turn up our noses at (without any justification) and come away with 1 point, 1 goal, and a -4 GD.

The thing is, when will things turn, and when will we get even a hint of consistency.

You have to say that based on this season and last, nothing fundamentally seems to have changed only a shift in personnel to no obvious positive effect.

Silva has to, and will, carry the can ultimately, but unfortunately it does seem that nothing has changed. I'd like to see a bit more anger from him in the wake of such a disappointment as today's result. I don't get the sense from anyone, him included, that this just isn't acceptable. All will be well if we win at GP next week, but despite our good home record, we are far more capable of dumbing down to the lowest common denominator at home than we are to rising to the task away.

Love how the echo care more about DCL getting off the mark than the fact we've just been handed our arse by Bournemouth.

Worst local paper in the country as its so pro LFC and cares nothing for us with wet wipe "EFC" journo's too scared to ask questions of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.