2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me put it this way if we can get Mourinho in next week we should do it. If we keep delivering underwhelming performances and are looking to replace Silva at the end of the season with someone like Garcia, then we may as well just accept this rot will continue. It might take away the disappointment if we drop expectations to the floor now.

The set up wasn't the issue. The biggest thing was players swithing off: DCL fiorst goal; Delph 2nd; Mina 3rd.

Outrageous mistakes.

The set up is 100% the problem. If you play tippy tap sideways and back with both full backs as wingers then you will cut apart, as we were.

The tactics are an actual disgrace. He sets us up like he's managing Real Madrid. I'm not enjoying it one bit because it's completely ineffectual.

He turns it round very fast or he's gone. This start to the season has been a disaster and he looks beaten already. Where on earth is his passion

Think we need more than a decent manager though. We need a manager who has us punching above our weight, one who unites the club and has a clear playing style. We spent well in the summer, have a decent squad yet here we are coming away from Villa and Bournemouth away with a -4 goal difference. Throwing on Theo Walcott in the 80th minute to try and get us back in the game.....what on earth.
Decent one gets us 6th or 7th mate. You and I want more...we cant attract that manager.

The set up wasn't the issue. The biggest thing was players swithing off: DCL fiorst goal; Delph 2nd; Mina 3rd.

Outrageous mistakes.
Sunday league stuff. Yet people blame the manager for if, it does baffle me. We are still best of the rest, number of new players to kick on, blah blah so we will improve but today is another painful reminder that when the pressure is on and we need a result we crumble. Something deeper going on at the club imo, the mentality shown is very odd.

I’d just call him a run of the mill manager. Although, he’s had a lot more investment than most managers in that category. Who has had more money invested in their squads? Guessing it’s only Klopp, Guardiola and possibly OGS.
...and he'll get best of the rest. That's what the money we spend gets.

Let me put it this way if we can get Mourinho in next week we should do it. If we keep delivering underwhelming performances and are looking to replace Silva at the end of the season with someone like Garcia, then we may as well just accept this rot will continue. It might take away the disappointment if we drop expectations to the floor now.

But we can’t and we won’t do next

The set up is 100% the problem. If you play tippy tap sideways and back with both full backs as wingers then you will cut apart, as we were.

The tactics are an actual disgrace. He sets us up like he's managing Real Madrid. I'm not enjoying it one bit because it's completely ineffectual.

He turns it round very fast or he's gone. This start to the season has been a disaster and he looks beaten already. Where on earth is his passion
We lost in our own final third with players switching off. The footy was adequate if not incisive.

Klopp's management has made them that. He has taken decent players and made them better. That is the actual difference.

Agree with the making players better, it´s been years since we´ve done that. I look at our current squad though and I´m not too optimistic about that changing, unfortunately I think plenty of them have reached their peak already.

Status
Not open for further replies.