2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
The away form needs sorting like ASAP, he needs to know his first eleven and stick to it, ( injury’s aside ) it’s his second season, he knows he has to sort it out no manager is not sackable, but right now it’s not the right thing to do.

Silva must keep making the team winning at home while he must change the way the team set-up away from home. If he did this all over again in the next away game we shall not expect a different result.

The set up wasn't the issue. The biggest thing was players swithing off: DCL fiorst goal; Delph 2nd; Mina 3rd.

Outrageous mistakes.

The way we play is the biggest issue, lack of variety and vulnerable to counter. The decision to play Schneiderlin meant whoever partner him will be ask to do too much and carries too much burden it completely screw our midfield.

Slow build up, predictable attack, wrong selection. Silva is definitely part of this.

Sunday league stuff. Yet people blame the manager for if, it does baffle me. We are still best of the rest, number of new players to kick on, blah blah so we will improve but today is another painful reminder that when the pressure is on and we need a result we crumble. Something deeper going on at the club imo, the mentality shown is very odd.
This.

We are a phoney 'big club' still. Historically, yes. But in terms of big club attitude and standards absolutley DEMANDED - no chance.

He has turned them into that team, Silva hasnt got the drive or professionalism to do anything like that

Do you think we´ll ever find a manager who´s that good? I´m convinced you could open up our manager thread on this forum in 5 years time and we´ll be having the exact same conversations as we are now.

Let me put it this way if we can get Mourinho in next week we should do it. If we keep delivering underwhelming performances and are looking to replace Silva at the end of the season with someone like Garcia, then we may as well just accept this rot will continue. It might take away the disappointment if we drop expectations to the floor now.

Yep thats my stance - if we sack Silva (which we should do but we wont) then it has to be for either an established name or an upcoming exciting manager that has had some form of success in a strong league.

Agree with the making players better, it´s been years since we´ve done that. I look at our current squad though and I´m not too optimistic about that changing, unfortunately I think plenty of them have reached their peak already.

and until DCl isn’t playing, and the likes of Gomes is, and you know are a actual back 4 switch on then obviously it can be different

Status
Not open for further replies.