2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
No we don't.

We need to play a more balanced team away from home. That means leaving out one of the attackers, probably Sigurdsson and playing all on the break.

If anyone either likes the tippy tap football, or thinks we are good enough to play it, then I'd be bemused.

We’re not good enough for tippy tappy, but if we have injury’s, certain players not playing you have to play to the team you’ve picked

It puzzles me. He ddn't play that way for the most part welsdewherer. I just dont think he rates the players he's being given in order to adapt.

Or your hero left an edict that that formation must be played no matter what, Koeman and, hate to say it, Allardyce should have had their own formation to implement but didn’t, they played a found out formation and so has Silva

Easy to forget we were without our first choice midfield today (Gomes/Gbamin).

Whenever we play Schneiderlin + Sigurdsson together we look doomed from the start.

DCL + Delph + Mina individual errors cost us today...
Play Davis, play Bernard, play Kean don’t play 4231?

His fault.

Or your hero left an edict that that formation must be played no matter what, Koeman and, hate to say it, Allardyce should have had their own formation to implement but didn’t, they played a found out formation and so has Silva
I can't see a formation.He needs to go 433 and lose siggy.

If we had Watfords owners we'd have about 20 managers a season which you'd probably like as after a loss or two that's it sack them. Are you the owner of Watford haha

Not if they were doing a good job.

Watford actually have a sound structure in place - its the fact their owners aint particularly wealthy meaning they appoint mid table type managers (like Silva).

They wouldn't have had the upheaval we did going from Koeman to Allardyce to Silva with a complete mistmatch of players and styles put it that way.

I'll be honest mate I dont watch alot of footie outside of Everton so I dont know - however there must be better options out there than this flavour of the month who got the job on the back of 7-8 good games at Watford.

I honestly think Jose would come btw - he seems settled in England and none of the top 6 will realistically be in for him - my fear is Wolves will sack their manager sooner rather than later and use their links to try get him in and they'll be flying.

I just wish the club was proactive for once - if we had Watfords owners fire in the belly combined with Moshiri's willingness to spend big money we would be flying whereas it still feels like a family club - where uncle Bill is begging Brands not to sack Marco as he is a phenomenal manager etc.

Its all just so flat and predictable - I want a Mourinho/Biesla no nonsense type manager to kick this club up the arse.

Wrong club to compare with, their owners are shambolically scattergun but agree with the idea of needing an arsekicker of a manager or at the very least someone who is more proactive to change formation and subs and not act like a father figure type

Whether we sack him or not at some point this season, what we absolutely cannot do is fail to plan adequately beforehand like when we jibbed Koeman.

Been mention of when Klopp took over on the other side of the park in this thread and they could have sacked Rodgers in the summer that year but they waited until they got the nod from the man they wanted in the following October.

I don't want to end up being backed into a corner because of the club's negligence and end up with someone like Allardyce again.

But three games against poor opposition which we need to be beating if we are going to move forward into European spots.

Away wins against the likes of Bournemouth and Villa are the bread and butter of the top 6 teams and if we can't win these games it is going to be very hard for Silva to improve our league finish.

Last year was acceptable but people want to see improvement and this early run of fixtures was an opportunity for us to show we've progressed. From what we've seen so far the early signs are not great.
Would never expect 9 points out of 9. But, before each game I was thinking we could win. 1 point is just pathetic against the opposition in front of us.

Not if they were doing a good job.

Watford actually have a sound structure in place - its the fact their owners aint particularly wealthy meaning they appoint mid table type managers (like Silva).

They wouldn't have had the upheaval we did going from Koeman to Allardyce to Silva with a complete mistmatch of players and styles put it that way.

So they get managers that play the same way? So if we get a new manager we'll need someone who plays the way Silva does otherwise it's too much upheaval?

Status
Not open for further replies.