2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Danny has us as a top side in his head.

You want to tell him or shall I?

We´re a good team and the opposition know if they aren´t at the races we will take the game away from them. There´s very little chance of complacency when we go to the likes of Villa and Bournemouth. They´re going to sit and make things hard for us, it´s not easy to win those games.

Based on what we have seen so far (limited sample size), we have not improved enough. We have not changed at all. I was hoping we’d come into this season with fresh ideas as the players have settled a bit, but we haven’t improved a bit since last year.

That is very worrying. You can argue that the shakeup in the central midfield is the culprit, but we seem to have the same exact issues with creativity away from home. No plan B on the road. At some point you have to show signs of improvement. And no, we don’t have European footy as an excuse for this crap. I checked. Very forgiving start to the season as well

It's not good enough. But he is a decent manager. He's not a bad manager. That's all I claim.

Think we need more than a decent manager though. We need a manager who has us punching above our weight, one who unites the club and has a clear playing style. We spent well in the summer, have a decent squad yet here we are coming away from Villa and Bournemouth away with a -4 goal difference. Throwing on Theo Walcott in the 80th minute to try and get us back in the game.....what on earth.

The penny should drop after that. As I´ve said, the onus should be on defending and hoping we can sneak one down the other end. We are so open right now and it just isn´t working.

The full-back in particular Coleman was weak in defending as he did not have the pace and energy to recover when we were attacked by their wingers. Coleman was always being pushed too high up.

Status
Not open for further replies.