2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only three games...
But three games against poor opposition which we need to be beating if we are going to move forward into European spots.

Away wins against the likes of Bournemouth and Villa are the bread and butter of the top 6 teams and if we can't win these games it is going to be very hard for Silva to improve our league finish.

Last year was acceptable but people want to see improvement and this early run of fixtures was an opportunity for us to show we've progressed. From what we've seen so far the early signs are not great.

He needs to play 451, and sit back from home.

That system today is absolutely pathetic and smacks of arrogance. Our defenders are not good. In fact they are abysmal. To think we can set up like that is idiotic.

He's letting down the club badly. His away record is a stain on the club. He seems tactically inept and can't motivate.

We are a mess and he's not helping.

Back to basics for me. Almost Allardyce football required. We are so open and our forward players aren´t good enough to hurt the opposition when they´ve got a good shape defensively. We need to grind results out.

That's rubbish.

You've seen how we can beat good teams.

That sort of criticism gets us nowhere.

Your blind support goes nowhere. Look at the way we create chances. Push it to the wings and let percentage take care of the rest.

You must be silly not to admit it

People act all mortified at the thought of having somebody like Eddie Howe, but seem happy with this guy, I don't get it!

Not saying I want eddie Howe by the way, but would he do any worse than this guy? No, I don't think he would.

It's not good enough. But he is a decent manager. He's not a bad manager. That's all I claim.
Ok fair enough mate. I think he’s a better coach than manager. Managing a team including setting us up against good or bad teams home or away I believe he ain’t good enough. He always says he likes to control games, of the players aren’t good enough, you won’t control games. He has no plan B.

I think a big problem for us away from home is that we are seen as a scalp. They know we have good players and that means they´re absolutely switched on from the word go, the opposition crowd are always up for it too. Silva has to find a way around this but it´s difficult when you´re away from home and teams are defending solidly.

I don’t think we should play the same we are away from home nevermind the same formation. Bournemouth left no space for the team to do tippy tappy crap and we just keep it till we were for all 90 mins. It just did not work like the Villa game. And the manager did not know how to deal with that.

We've had a very easy un-Everton sequence of fixtures to start this season - we have well and truly blown them one solitary point away from three very winnable ties.
If we're not on 20pts at least by the beginning of the horror show December is looking like at this moment I fear for this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.