2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
The manager proved he can set up and play against top opposition, but the players have to be motivated and switched on.

As you said earlier, the lack of concentration and heart is a huge issue.

The manager of the day bears at least some responsibility for that. As does Brands I must say if the bulk of players brought in don't appear to be leaders, given much is made of the big clubs we sign players from where they would have been immersed in a totally different culture on that front. Too often they look like they don't care enough which is unacceptable. If you have to grind out a result then so be it, it's infinitely better than such apathetic defeat.

The questions about Silva are maybe for another day, but for a long time I have thought we need a manager in the Conte mould, especially with a set of players as seemingly mentally lazy and fragile such as this. It seems as if they need to be constantly kept on their mettle from the sidelines.

I like Silva, but his problem since hes been here is consistency. Tbh that's every managers problem we have, that performance their is just typical Everton I think doesn't matter who the manager is or what players we have

In his defence, he was crying out for a defender in the summer after Zouma (and even Jagielka) left but got nobody in the end. No surprise that you take Zouma out of our defence and it goes to tat.

There are loads of alternative but he/Brands decide we go with what we’ve got. Terrible decision. We have 2 cb to choose from.

Howe got his tactics right. Silva never. Howe put his strong pacey players up against Coleman and Keane. No need for both Morgan and Delph against these teams. An extra creative player was needed. Forgot the cockups and zonal marking. He got it wrong.

I strongly disagree with your opinion. All our goal threat disappears when Gylfi leaves the pitch.

Bernard should start over Iwobi.

Kean has shown literally nothing for Everton. At this stage DCL is a much better option.

I do agree with you that Schneiderlin has no business on the pitch.

Ultimately our two starting midfielders Gbamin & Gomes are out with injury; and due to that we failed to control or link possession in the midfield. That’s why we lost.
And DCL has showed what?

His last goal in the Prem before today was in March, and he offers a goal every 5 games and absolutely no threat, other than maybe (as today) doing *something* right for a change.

Edit: A goal every 8 games actually or something daft.

As you said earlier, the lack of concentration and heart is a huge issue.

The manager of the day bears at least some responsibility for that. As does Brands I must say if the bulk of players brought in don't appear to be leaders, given much is made of the big clubs we sign players from where they would have been immersed in a totally different culture on that front. Too often they look like they don't care enough which is unacceptable. If you have to grind out a result then so be it, it's infinitely better than such apathetic defeat.

The questions about Silva are maybe for another day, but for a long time I have thought we need a manager in the Conte mould, especially with a set of players as seemingly mentally lazy and fragile such as this. It seems as if they need to be constantly kept on their mettle from the sidelines.
Yep, Silva owns this defeat like all others. But I KNOW who the real culprits are, as you and others do.

A team of bottlers assembled.

Status
Not open for further replies.