2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Silva plays dcl up front again as a starter, I'll pay for a ' Silva out ' banner and plane myself and have a fly by at the next game . Our attackers who cause problems are Bernard, rich, iwobi and kean (hopefully) - they need to start up front.

But we have 'days like today' 10+ times a season and nothing seems to change.

I'm far from wanting Silva out, I think it would be daft at this stage, but I do hope somebody at the club is asking questions of him.

By no means am I his biggest fan but I´m in favour of giving him time. I´m banking on the away form getting better because it can hardly get worse.

In his defence, he was crying out for a defender in the summer after Zouma (and even Jagielka) left but got nobody in the end. No surprise that you take Zouma out of our defence and it goes to tat.

Yes, that's one thing, he didn't get Zouma. Doesn't really answer the question I asked though does it?

Somebody please make a case for why he should be backed unreservedly for now.Also, what has he actually done to be considered a decent manager?

He needs to play 451, and sit back from home.

That system today is absolutely pathetic and smacks of arrogance. Our defenders are not good. In fact they are abysmal. To think we can set up like that is idiotic.

He's letting down the club badly. His away record is a stain on the club. He seems tactically inept and can't motivate.

We are a mess and he's not helping.

We have a tendency to have managers who have only one approach and a plan that is based on fingers crossed we score early and the approach works. No ability to change the plan since Martinez first season where he did shake it up at times but then became rigid and paid for it in seasons 2 and 3.

Moyes for all his negatives after leaving us did shift things around when needed. Comfortably the highest quality manager we've had this last 20 years (and no, before the replies I am not in any way wanting him back but he was excellent in his time), we need a tactician in charge.

Mate, we were passing it around without even troubling their keeper.

In control of the ball is irrelevant unless you’re actually knocking on the door

This is what annoys me, its 1-1 we have more of the ball so go right at them and win the game, instead we just knock it around happy with 1-1

So difficult being a blue these days. Probably not as bad for our younger supporters who haven’t known anything else, but for us oldies who have lived through the glory years it’s very very difficult to take.

It just goes on and on and on.

Yes 3 away games but we were pretty much terrible away from home.

I think a big problem for us away from home is that we are seen as a scalp. They know we have good players and that means they´re absolutely switched on from the word go, the opposition crowd are always up for it too. Silva has to find a way around this but it´s difficult when you´re away from home and teams are defending solidly.

Status
Not open for further replies.