2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're on the up; we have a toe hold now in the season in the league and have every chance in the cup to make a big statement.

Surely that's not a bad feeling for the moment given our season so far and the poor form and massive injuries?

Just be happy.
Is that an actual positive post from you Dave? I agree by the way.

A strange post considering we just scraped a 2-1 win against a side recently beaten 9-0 and which looks odds on to be relegated

"Scraped"

With better finishing we could have won by 5 or 6 easily...

Dominated that...hard fought away win on the scoreline but they had a lesson today.

We should have 5 wins in a row but for VAR

He still needs better performances and better subs. I hate that sort of sub. It asks for trouble.

Hate to bring it round to the reds or city, but would klopp hook salah for lovren when the sucker punch on the counter is there for the taking?

I'm still not convinced he can set up a top level attack. Our attack is pretty mid table to this point. The no striker thing isn't an excuse because he has 4 reasonable options. Pick one and set the team up to make it work. Losing Bernard isn't an excuse because we were mediocre with him too. Two of our three good chances today came from set plays. The open play creativity still lacks. Sigurdsson is part of that problem and Silva is the one who won't drop him.

I'm not saying he's a bad manager I'm just saying I don't know that he's good. You're saying he's a top manager and I'm not ready to say that at all. I'll wait until May to pass a final judgment I think.

Can you name a team outside of the current top 4 who have a top notch forward? Kane...then...nothing.

We should be 5th but for VAR. Thats a fact as admitted by the FA.

Youre talking about dropping midfielders but we are down on the bare bones.

Can you name a team outside of the current top 4 who have a top notch forward? Kane...then...nothing.

We should be 5th but for VAR. Thats a fact as admitted by the FA.

Youre talking about dropping midfielders but we are down on the bare bones.
Well Arsenal aren't in the top 4 and Aubameyang is really good. But that really isn't an excuse for me because I think Richarlison has the ability to be really good and he's being used wrong. I agree we've been massively unlucky but I really am not ready to say Silva is the guy. Again I need more time.

We're getting better...

But he needs to sort out the players heads. Southampton for the most part, were gutter trash today, they had the spell right after HT (which after their first half, was a guarantee), were they pressured us, and we cracked. Then we held our own whilst they attacked us. Southampton are probably the worst team in the league, and they STILL did that to us. Liverpool etc will have a field day.

But glad he's gave Davies a run, and Sidibe. Sidibe and Walcott looks like a good combo.

He needs to realise that Tosun will be a boss impact sub, and give Kean a proper run, and finally banish Schneiderlin once Delph is actually fit. Mad how football works though... had the pen for handball been given (and we score from it) and the dodgy Pen at Brighton doesn't get given, we could have had 5 points more... which leaves us in 5th.

We're garbage, which is so frustraing, as there was a huge chance to capitalise this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.