Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's tubby though la.

I wish I was tubby like him.

357F1B3A00000578-3659484-image-a-34_1466839147062.jpg

Indeed, people assume 4-2-3-1 is a defensive formation, mainly cos most managers play 2 holding midfielders in the 2, but if you play only 1 DM and put a number 8 as the 2nd player in the 2 it opens the formation up so much more.

...with a number 7 and a number 11 on each wing...

All this talk of systems and tactics - it is more important that the manager is a figure respected by players and who can foster team spirit.

The lack of team spirit has been dreadful for years.

Is there anybody that wants Silva? I mean I can clearly see the people who dont and the people, like me, who are willing to give him a chance, but is there anybody who is fully behind his appointment?

Just curious.

Genuinely yes. I’ve expounded properly on the reasons elsewhere, but I can confirm I’m in the Silva camp. Reckon he’s going to get us dreaming again.

First dozen games at Hull he won the 4th most points in the league and Hull were dire before he got there, he took Watford from bang average in preseason to flying up the top end of the league, playing some very decent football, they were exciting to watch.

There are signs he’s a top tactian, motivator and coach of players.

It's a qualified yes from me. I think his record suggests he is the best suited to our current position and the direction we want to be heading.
All the other oft mentioned contenders are either too long in the tooth to work with a strong DoF system, too lightweight, or woefully inexperienced.
I even like the fact it hasn't all been plain sailing for him since he arrived on these shores, his history suggests he is an intelligent, talented coach and he will have learned from his mistakes, (hopefully)
That said if we were going to take a braver punt someone like Tedesco , who has a modicum of experience, would have my support as well.

I have wanted him from the time we have been associated with him before BFS. You can check my posting history. I like his style and I think he will be a success here.

I am also fed up with all the nicker wetters who give reasons why he shouldn't be our next coach without offering any credible alternatives. Just saying "we need a big name" is meaningless.

I’m in the Silva camp. He was my second choice behind Mancini.
Now Brands is on board, Silva is a very good fit.
I feel good times ahead.

I am warming to this guy, plays fast attacking football, that will do for me.

Add in some quality signings and it will be a pleasure to go the match again, Jesus I forgot what that was like

He's fantastic. Excellent records in both Portugal and Greece (if we had got him at any time before he came to England then lots more would be thrilled).

Hull had a 5 man squad and Phelan as manager before appointing Silva...he had no chance and almost saved them.

Hull - Unbelievable performance and galvanised the squad. With an awful side who were by far the worst in the league he would have easily kept them up if he had longer or they werent so doomed before he joined.

Watford - Was only able to sign Richarlison there and his defensive signings werent approved. Had them in champions league positions until we turned his head.

Very exciting appointment along with Brands.

In a few days time we'll be able to move forward, rapidly.

He's fantastic. Excellent records in both Portugal and Greece (if we had got him at any time before he came to England then lots more would be thrilled).

Hull had a 5 man squad and Phelan as manager before appointing Silva...he had no chance and almost saved them.

Hull - Unbelievable performance and galvanised the squad. With an awful side who were by far the worst in the league he would have easily kept them up if he had longer or they werent so doomed before he joined.

Watford - Was only able to sign Richarlison there and his defensive signings werent approved. Had them in champions league positions until we turned his head.

Any manager that comes in will be judge on how close he gets us into TOP 4. Playing better and more exciting is the bare minimum. Let’s not lower what we’re suppose to aim for just because our previous manager is big Sam.

At least he won't have to come in now in the aftermath of them being crowned Kings of Europe. Need to get it done in the next few days.

BFS could have won a double in Greece with Olympiakos,haven't Olympiakos won the league about 16 years in a row.

And the hull run looked like typical classic new manager bounce,the same we had with BFS for the 1st ten games or so.

His run last season where Watford didn't win for months has me slightly worried,still think we can push the boat out for someone better,it screams of him being another Koeman/Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.