Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.

None of those winning teams you mention were bad squads as poor as our current one. I think you are underestimating those players.
While I understand your point, I still feel players make a Manager. Is Pep going to make Williams play better for example?
I think the first thing to observe is that Williams is not a poor player , in fact before he arrived at Goodison he had been for much of his career a top player both domestically and on the international stage. So his failure to find form since his arrival here is either one of management or a problem of an ageing athlete, the truth is it's probably a blend of the two.
Could Guardiola restore his fortunes? Well if he is the great manager his supporters claim , he should be able to ,its a managers job to instruct and motivate players and as I've illustrated the really great managers can raise a players game.
However since Guardiola has only ever managed teams already laden with superlative players, it's hard to know whether this important aspect of management is one in which he also excels. Maybe one day he will challenge himself by managing a lower ranked club and then we can better judge if he is a great manager or merely a very good one.

I might be drawing something of a long bow here, but I suspect Blue Bill, being well aware of the unreliability of budget airlines keeping to their advertised flight schedules, has had Evertonians' best interests at heart in keeping us well out of these two-bit European competitions played in far flung places...

I think the first thing to observe is that Williams is not a poor player , in fact before he arrived at Goodison he had been for much of his career a top player both domestically and on the international stage. So his failure to find form since his arrival here is either one of management or a problem of an ageing athlete, the truth is it's probably a blend of the two.
Could Guardiola restore his fortunes? Well if he is the great manager his supporters claim , he should be able to ,its a managers job to instruct and motivate players and as I've illustrated the really great managers can raise a players game.
However since Guardiola has only ever managed teams already laden with superlative players, it's hard to know whether this important aspect of management is one in which he also excels. Maybe one day he will challenge himself by managing a lower ranked club and then we can better judge if he is a great manager or merely a very good one.
No not having this. Williams is beyond redemption. Sell him or use him as hardcore for BMD foundations

I might be drawing something of a long bow here, but I suspect Blue Bill, being well aware of the unreliability of budget airlines keeping to their advertised flight schedules, has had Evertonians' best interests at heart in keeping us well out of these two-bit European competitions played in far flung places...

Imagine if him or Mosh had laid on a couple of Everton liveried planes for the RS fans to get them to Kiev.

I think the Finch Farm cafeteria, in catering too much to Tubby Ashley's credo of breakfast being the most important meal of the day, has to shoulder some of the blame for his decline. Providing all-day full English breakfasts was, in hindsight, an ill-conceived idea.
And Fatty Koeman's not blameless in all this cafeteria mismanagement. Rumour had it that all our stout hearted lads had to wait in line behind the adipose- tissued Dutchman before scoffing their own scran. I suggest this adversely affected Tubby Ashley's sense of self-worth and consequently contributed to the decline in his playing fortunes.

I think the Finch Farm cafeteria, in catering too much to Tubby Ashley's credo of breakfast being the most important meal of the day, has to shoulder some of the blame for his decline. Providing all-day full English breakfasts was, in hindsight, an ill-conceived idea.
And Fatty Koeman's not blameless in all this cafeteria mismanagement. Rumour had it that all our stout hearted lads had to wait in line behind the adipose- tissued Dutchman before scoffing their own scran. I suggest this adversely affected Tubby Ashley's sense of self-worth and consequently contributed to the decline in his playing fortunes.

You know Williams isn't fat, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.