• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Santo was La Liga manager of the month three times while at Valencia. Got them fourth in La Liga as well. Did well with a diddy team in Portugal as well, and has managed Porto.

He has also won the Championship, while the closest Silva has to that is relegating Hull.

Silva promoted minnows Estoril and got them 4th and 5th in Primeria Liga.
Won the Portuguese domestic up with Sporting
Won the league with Olympiacos
Managed in the champions league.

So no...Nuno hasn't had a better management career so far.

He's doing well. But the feller was given a huge advantage in the championship being able to recruit players no other championship clubs could get hold of, and spent a chunk of money too.

I'm not in the Silva out camp personally, but I think he's done. My now lingering support isn't really based on anything other than blind hope by this point.

Silva is now caught in the very unenviable position of having really tough home games in a very short span of time coinciding with the fact that he simply cannot afford to lose any more home matches. If Chelsea, Arsenal and United turn up to Goodison and take the piss out of us, which is extremely possible, then i don't see how he survives. Once the crowd properly turns at Goodison (and they have been very patient in my opinion this season despite the stick they seem to get on here) then he will be sacked.

I don't think he can have any arguments either, you just can't lose this many games, especially in the manner that we have in some of them, and expect all to be well. In the early part of the season, I think we were all generally positive about our games away against Arsenal, United, Liverpool, Chelsea and City. We played pretty well in all of those games and got shafted by officiating calls in several of them. However, some of our turnovers, to pretty rubbish teams it must be said, has been extremely hard to take. Our losses at Brighton, Southampton, Watford and most recently Newcastle as well as thoroughly depressing reversals at home to West Ham, Leicester and Wolves along with dreadful cup exits are just unacceptable really.

He's on really thin ice, and I can see it cracking imminently.

So that’s blind faith then. Everyone may come good.

Blind faith? Or just not knee jerk over reaction. Everyone isn’t garbage because they have a tough start.
There’s a reason a new manager was brought in, and it wasn’t because we have great players, great spirit, a great team ethic and sky high confidence.
Instant success is almost unheard of with any manager these days, especially at a Club where success has been so infrequent over the last 30 years. Why you would expect it at Everton currently I really can’t fathom out. Demand it yes, but expect it and decide the manager is at fault for not achieving it immediately beggars belief.

Pickford has to be dropped now.

Will Marco Silva make another mistake by not doing this?

Probably.
Will be very surprised if he is dropped, although he bloody should be. You just know it's going to be a repeat of the Martinez love in with Howard.
Does anyone rate the young lad we bought from Arsenal?

Blind faith? Or just not knee jerk over reaction. Everyone isn’t garbage because they have a tough start.
There’s a reason a new manager was brought in, and it wasn’t because we have great players, great spirit, a great team ethic and sky high confidence.
Instant success is almost unheard of with any manager these days, especially at a Club where success has been so infrequent over the last 30 years. Why you would expect it at Everton currently I really can’t fathom out. Demand it yes, but expect it and decide the manager is at fault for not achieving it immediately beggars belief.

12 losses in 18 is all you need to know.

Worse than big fatty Sam with better squad at his disposal.

People got it right on Martinez and now they got it right on Silva. It’s not knee jerking it’s the thing that he just can’t do what he is supposed to ask for? It’s almost a season and we are lingering at 11th and got knocked out of two cup competitions by Southampton and Millwall. He can’t setup a defence and we concede through setpieces for fun. We have a very poor home records this season too.

No one say instant success. I was hoping he is able to do the basic that is having the ability to setup a solid defence, being able to stay strong at home aka Goodison Fortress and be able to get 7th and EL. The evidences and stats have shown he couldn’t do it. Throughout his tenure at PL clubs, his win rate is always low 30s and that remains the same. How on earth it suddenly goes up to 40% next season I never know.

A manager is bought in to get the best out of a squad to get results. In these aspect, even BFS did a superior job to the current manager.

All in all, if something is not working we better get rid of him rather than wasting more time and money. The board must go out and get a proven manager out there. If the evidences and results are not there and you believe he would suddenly come good then yes I call this blind faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.