• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silva promoted minnows Estoril and got them 4th and 5th in Primeria Liga.
Won the Portuguese domestic up with Sporting
Won the league with Olympiacos
Managed in the champions league.

So no...Nuno hasn't had a better management career so far.

He's doing well. But the feller was given a huge advantage in the championship being able to recruit players no other championship clubs could get hold of, and spent a chunk of money too.
He has managed to last at least a full season in all of his jobs though. And I think manager of the month awards in La Liga are better than winning a Greek league with Olympiakos. That league makes Scotland seem competitive.

The fact he was fired for “not wearing the right suit” reeks of dodginess. What really did go on at Sporting?

Also, the evidence before our eyes suggests he is a better manager. More than 50% win rate at Wolves while Marco has 30odd at Everton is shocking

Look who posted it, there’s the clue

So you agree the current defence is better than the BFS’s era? And based on what really pal? Come on Coybl25 at least say the reason why you believe conceding less goals does not mean having a better arrangement and ability when organising a defence?

Last edited:

Maybe this is why he keeps booting it straight into touch?

Isn’t this the point of having a DOF so any management transition should be easier with a clear continuity in recruiting and playing style?

Fwiw Silva wasn’t my first choice and thought he should have gone after the Millwall debacle but barring a couple of wallopings before the end of the season, I think he’ll be given the summer.

Judgement will be next season with a couple more key signings if a marked improvement is not made I’m confident the axe will fall and P45’s will be served.

Yes
but i'm trying to understand the full role of the DoF . Not criticising, but just want to know the full job description cos I would have thought yes it's supposed to be about continuity, playing style and training / mentoring.

So you agree the current defence is better than the BFS’s era? And based on what really pal? Come on Coybl25 at least say the reason why you believe conceding less goals does not mean having a better arrangement and ability when organising a defence?

The reason is very simple, the slug put nine men behind the ball every game.

I sincerely hope that Brands is now in sole charge of Manager appointments & that Moshiri & BSB stay well clear.

I sincerely hope Brands has the new man lined up to take over in May.

As for Silva, I don’t go with the “give it Dunc/Unsworth” mentality (I’d have a complete clearance), but I do think Silva needs to be dispatched this week. This morning in fact. In the next 10 minutes!!! Just get him gone.

The reason is very simple, the slug put nine men behind the ball every game.

But he won more points. And his team conceded less goals. People just dislike him because he is Allardyce even he got something like 7th in the form table since he took over. Oh and I don’t even rate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.