• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The DoF is working to a timetable based on the reality of where we were as a club after Koeman left it in a heap and where we need to be: that is measured in terms of reducing the average age of the first team squad, controlling wage expenditure and progressing an attacking style of play on the pitch.

That criteria is being met. And Silva has integrated the players Brands bought - apart from the dreadful Mina - into the first team. A couple of higher places in the PL would be preferable for the first season, but even if we dont get that (and I think we will anyway), Silva is carrying out the DoFs overall plan so far. The DoF is a football man and he can see as well as you and I that calamitous individual perfromances are wrecking fine displays in some games.

In short: Silva and Brands are in lock step and there isn't going to be any change in manager as long as Silva continues to carry out the DoF's season-on-season strategy

The DoF is working to a timetable based on the reality of where we were as a club after Koeman left it in a heap and where we need to be: that is measured in terms of reducing the average age of the first team squad, controlling wage expenditure and progressing an attacking style of play on the pitch.

That criteria is being met. And Silva has integrated the players Brands bought - apart from the dreadful Mina - into the first team. A couple of higher places in the PL would be preferable for the first season, but even if we dont get that (and I think we will anyway), Silva is carrying out the DoFs overall plan so far. The DoF is a football man and he can see as well as you and I that calamitous individual perfromances are wrecking fine displays in some games.

In short: Silva and Brands are in lock step and there isn't going to be any change in manager as long as Silva continues to carry out the DoF's season-on-season strategy
He's not improved a single thing, He's not made any progression, He's not left any beacon of light for fans to cling onto next season, This guy has gotten off with losing to Milwall, Getting smacked around by Wolves at Goodison and chucking at 2-0 lead against Newcastle.
You cannot give a single defense for Silva without mentioning Pickford or "not his players despite 6 of them being Silva/brand players"
I don't wanna keep swapping managers but the guy was a gamble and it's failed miserably.

Yea, so far it’s a perfect lock step waltz to championship...

nah mate

silva declared Europa was his mantra for the season.

bye mush

He has managed to last at least a full season in all of his jobs though. And I think manager of the month awards in La Liga are better than winning a Greek league with Olympiakos. That league makes Scotland seem competitive.

The fact he was fired for “not wearing the right suit” reeks of dodginess. What really did go on at Sporting?

Also, the evidence before our eyes suggests he is a better manager. More than 50% win rate at Wolves while Marco has 30odd at Everton is shocking

Winning manager of the month is better than winning a league over 30+ games?

Alright boss man.

Dave,I largely agree with you on this one,and there are still many areas were improvement is needed. It is churlish for posters to say that we have not improved, because some areas are infinitely better. Before Brands/Silva we did not have anyone who could light up a game like Bernard, or show such class as Gomes or Digne. There is still,however, a long way to go.I don't think some people realise how deep the mess left by Koeman actually was. Part of Big Sams brief was no doubt to avoid relegation, but he also re focused some players who had simply lost direction, and therefore desire. Sam got back the art of disciplined performance, and players once again knew what their particular job was.This is why his limited ambition was achieved, despite carrying a number of substandard players.(Cuco, and others). Silva/Brands have a long way to go, and it will be well in to next season before we know whether they are going to develop their /Moshiris project along the right lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.