• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the slab-toothed rocker across the Park?
And Pep in his first season at City.
And Howard Kendall.
And Sir Alex.

Klopp took them to 2 finals in his first full season

Guardiola had City in the top 4 not 11th

Kendall and SAF were in a different football era - thats like comparing Dixie Dean to Messi - totally different game of football.

4 in what? 40 years and you class Silva among the people you mention mate?
I didn’t class him among them. I pointed you in the direction of a number of good managers whose first season in the EPL was underwhelming.
Always best to read, and read again before diving in. Measure twice cut once.

Yes I do. THAT'S how catastrophic Pickford has been.

Tell me I'm wrong.

You're wrong Dave. Pickford has cost us points, for sure, but our problems run so much deeper. I find it staggering that you think it's simply a case of "if we had a different keeper, we would be ahead of Chelsea in terms of points tally". Chelsea are superior all over the pitch to us, we don't come close to them at the moment, with or without Pickford.

I didn’t class him among them. I pointed you in the direction of a number of good managers whose first season in the EPL was underwhelming.
Always best to read, and read again before diving in. Measure twice cut once.

He will be Martinez mk2. And the people you mention were managing big big clubs at the time.

I think you get very little. Nobody is suggesting he’s another Kendall. They are just saying the fella may come good with another season. Polishing a brown one isn’t done in 6 months

So that’s blind faith then. Everyone may come good.

Reactions: Lob
I think you get very little. Nobody is suggesting he’s another Kendall. They are just saying the fella may come good with another season. Polishing a brown one isn’t done in 6 months

But he failed at both Hull and Watford - therefore why are we expecting any different next season after he's failed also at us this season?

Its just blind faith which is absolute stupid in a league that could see us go down next year.

Im sick of gambling with this clubs future to please the idiots in the board/fanbase who clammer for some young fancy names foreign coach who is clearly out of his depth.

If we go down or even continue to flirt with relegation do you honestly think businesses will loan us £350 million for the stadium?

No chance we are gambling our future on Marco effin Silva.

Problem I have with all of this is that I am loyal to anyone who is having a bad run, it happens to all of us in life at things we do.

However you have to have faith in that person to pull it around at some point.

People can knee jerk and swing the axe too soon, Leicester chasing Ranieri was one, jeez the guy pulled off the greatest coup in Premiership history then was dismissed after after a far shorter spell than Silva has had here.

I was against the calls for Moyes to go too, always remembering his season when cash strapped Everton finished 4th then got cheated for a place in the Champions League group stages.

However with this bloke I can think of no reason why he will be able to turn this around, he is tactically cluelss, awful in front of the cameras, totally devoid of charisma and ideas and unfit for purpose v the budget he's had to work with.

He must go now for sure as anybody, and I mean anybody could now equal or better his performance no matter who they are.

Continuing with him and having a stiff upper lip saying "He's the long term plan" is now patently the wrong road for this great club to take. All only in my opinion of course.

We used to be the 'best of the rest' not so long ago. The annual challengers for 7th place.
Now we are just slightly better than the worst. Good for mid table, will most likely finish around 12th, possibly down to 14th if others catch us up.

Do I blame Marco? Not really. This season was always a write-off for me.

He hasn't built a team yet. Just added better footballers into a poor team and they are still a poor team.
No quick way out of this slide.

I don’t believe an individual who can’t setup a defence will suddenly change and alter his belief.

You can't think of anyone better than the crappest manager in the league? Watford sacked Silva and found a better manager with ease, so why can't Everton?

It's not that we couldn't find another manager - I'm saying we can't get anyone we want now, it's not that simple, and the best option, instead of another guaranteed year of mid-table transition, is to give this one more year. Another manager will immediately ship out not only the 2016-18 signings, as well as any left over from Martinez & Moyes, but also probably not want to work with the 6 new signings from Silva, so we are again looking at least 2 - 3 years at best before any success. I only want to know from Brands and Silva that there is a plan, progress and they are hitting some targets at least. I just hope they are not only blaming transfers and players from past managers. I feel like first 1/3 of the season is enough to give us something to build on, and if Silva finishes in a decent way we're ok.

We know, he knows that the 2nd half was awful yesterday, and we have had some horrible attacking and defending performances. So as long as they are working on it behind the scenes, unlike Martinez was, I'm ok with that .
I really hope our coaching staff is decent, and Silva is not just carrying his mates around with him from Watford and Hull. He should be brave enough to bring in better technical coaches who are not necessarily Portuguese or whom he is comfortable with.

Suggest better managers (realistic ones) and let's argue about that

Will any business lend us £350 million for a new stadium if we continue to flirt with relegation?

No chance

If you want BMD to go through we have to get rid of Silva its as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.