Match Thread Manchester City v Everton (Mon 21 Aug 2017, 20:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney just now: "we had a plan given to us to get men behind the ball and frustrate City"

Great. Just 'kin great.

Logging off here now because there's some things I'd like to say about the mentality of this manager and I'd best not.

Disgusted. Utterly disgusted.

giphy.gif

Just feels like same old Everton mate.
We would have lost 4 or 5 nil normally against that quality....were on the right road now, long way to go but if everything that is supposedly happening behind the scenes happens we'll be beating teams with 10 men in front of 60k at BMD pretty soon and the foundations for the future will be in place for our children and grandchildren....and great grandchildrens children ....me and you will be dead tho I suppose so yeah ffs Koeman ya beut

:eek::eek::eek:

The manager took off a defender and stuck on 2 attackers.

lollollollollol
Doesn't matter if the game plan is to SLOW the GAME DOWN and settle behind the ball.

City bossed that second half.... 10 MAN Man City.

This follows on from last season away from home: no killer instinct. A flaccid force led by a cautious boss.

Whichever way you lookk at it that was a dreadful second half performance by management and players
If we ever are going to be top 4 that has got to be better

He's an Everton fan, just a very strange one who enjoys arguing contrarian points on the internet.

For example, if we'd won that 1-0, he'd have called lucky and slammed Koeman for not going for two or three, and it was a hollow victory as a result.

He is what he is. My view is that if people are annoyed by him, just ignore him.

Being totally genuine here, I've seen a few people say unequivocally that he's a blue, but how does anyone actually know? To my knowledge nobody on this forum has actually met the guy.

And I'm with you, the best thing to do is to ignore him, but it's human nature to bite and there are people that always will. Unfortunately all ignoring him does is make threads look like people are arguing with themselves.

If Moyes had of overseen that second half in the last few years of his tenure he would have been slated.
The difference here is that Koeman is only in his second year and has largely replaced the squad.
We played poorly with the extra man.
Mixed emotions with this one

I'd usually agree with davek to be honest about us going too negative.

But there's a few factors as to why it wasn't plausible to go gung ho. We'd already got the lead, this is a new side still gelling together and it's more important to keep games tight whilst this is happening, especially with this fixture list to start. It's not like Moyes 2011 where we had nothing to lose by putting City to the sword at 10 men - they're a vastly technically superior side to us and would pick us apart even with the 10.

I'm giving Koeman a pass on this one. I can see the logic in what he did, whereas I couldn't with Moyes back then.

I don't know mate. In Moyes' defence he had less technical players then. Koeman introduced Klaasen and Sigu as technical midfielders to pack the midfield. They could do neither. Klaasen hasn't shown any qualities of an AM to me so far. Seeing how Sterling and Danilo were running on the wings it would have made better sense to have brought Lookman or Mirallas on with their pace to counter their wing play. I like Koeman but his 2nd half tactics could have been better.

Switched off at 81mins couldn't stand it , reading what went on later , goal for them , Morgan sent off with 6 mins left , could have been a lot worse. Yes we had an extra man for a long time but we where still running our socks off defending , they have some seriously great players , world class even , 1-1 great result . COYB !

Status
Not open for further replies.