Luke Garbutt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its concerning he didn't know who he was and the name was unrecognisable. Very poor from the manager to not know him.

Not really. It's a 27 year old who's been out on loan constantly and Ancelotti arrived mid-season.

He's also like fifteenth choice at left back and has clearly been written off for at least a year and arguably years now as someone with zero chance of making the first team.

Ancelotti has millions of more important things to think about.

Its concerning he didn't know who he was and the name was unrecognisable. Very poor from the manager to not know him.
Remember also that Baines had blocked the first team route. Galloway had been impressive (and then ran into his own even worse injury/loan/form problems) and we had the highly-touted Antonee Robinson from the youth team (now ripping it up for Wigan Athletic). Let alone Lucas Digne. So it's been years since Luke Garbutt has been a recognisable player at Everton.

I was a big fan of him and was hoping Everton would keep him tied down but man he let everyone down, He looked like he had potential too.

1593540655532.png

The fact that Martinez gave this guy a five year contract should end all arguments about his competence as a manager. That's before we mention Niasse, Alcaraz, Kone, Tarashaj etc etc etc.
He was highly rated at the time and had already had a few decent performances in the first team. Also young and seemed to have a lot of potential. I remember everyone here panicking that he might not sign a new contract and move to another club

The best of riddances to this leech, £30k a week being drained from the club every week for someone who never had any intention of contributing a thing on the pitch. He leaves with the shame of not being able to get a game ahead of Cuco Martina hanging over his head.

The best of riddances to this leech, £30k a week being drained from the club every week for someone who never had any intention of contributing a thing on the pitch. He leaves with the shame of not being able to get a game ahead of Cuco Martina hanging over his head.

Mate, Everton chose to pay £30k a week to a footballer that has been on the books since he was 16.

You can only blame the club - of course a terrible footballer is going to go "well, thanks, I'll take that."

It's all on the Martinez regime inexplicably giving him his last contract.

Mate, Everton chose to pay £30k a week to a footballer that has been on the books since he was 16.

You can only blame the club - of course a terrible footballer is going to go "well, thanks, I'll take that."

It's all on the Martinez regime inexplicably giving him his last contract.

It’s the fact that he just stopped bothering to actually work to improve or break into the team as soon as he was handed the contract though.

It’s the fact that he just stopped bothering to actually work to improve or break into the team as soon as he was handed the contract though.

I think he's just actually a bit crap and nowhere near Premier League level mate.

He'll never earn 30k a week again so I can't blame him personally for taking it. We all would in his shoes. Well done to his agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.