LOAN WATCH: Luke Garbutt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most likely after coming back from his recent injury he will be fulhams first choice and likely in the PFA team of the year at left back.

However i wonder if he can take his game up another level and compete with Baines next season to such an extent that Baines isnt assured of his place. This for me is really a key position for our setup and it looks like our centre backs are sorted for a decade, we just need to make sure LB and RB positions are top notch now and in the future also.

How so? I'd be astonished if Stones signed another contract with us (unless it was one with a clause that ultimately allowed him to go), Jags probably only has a couple of years left, Mori is still to prove himself over an extended run of games (although he looks promising) and we haven't seen what Galloway or Browning are like at centre backs.

Anyway - back to Garbutt. I've always been very impressed with him. I fancy him to step straight into Baines' role when the time comes that Baines' level starts to drop off

hes still better than pretty much anyone else in the league bar Aziplicueta, so i will take that.

Meh, we all know what makes Baines so special is his threat going forward, and his dead ball play. If he did not have this to his game, he would have never got an England cap, just based on his defensive ability.

Meh, we all know what makes Baines so special is his threat going forward, and his dead ball play. If he did not have this to his game, he would have never got an England cap, just based on his defensive ability.
His attacking is what sets him apart yes. But his defending is conversely overlooked. He's as good as any other LB for England

Status
Not open for further replies.