• Evil

Votes: 83 25.4%
  • Nick Barmby

Votes: 78 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brutal counter attacking football needed for this game.

Looking at their side, in all honesty we can match them in any position, they don't have a Gerrard, Suarez or anybody even close to that level any more.

However, we always seem to turn to jelly against them, so expect the worst and anything above that is a bonus.

If Schneids and McCarthy are both out he will probably play Barry, which could be very dangerous as they do play high tempo.

I imagine Mccarthy will be back as it'll be around 3-4 weeks since his injury but it'll be too soon for Morgan unless his injury is nothing serious and he makes a massive recovery which is doubtful considering he left GP on crutches according to the manager.

Would still be confident with Mccarthy in the side as him and Gueye looked competent at Goodison against them and we'll have Davies and an improved Barkley which could tip the scales.

I've said for weeks I think we'll do them first time at Anfield under Koeman and I stick by it. A hard fought 2-1 win.

This fixture is an acid test for both our and Roms ambitions.

Forget the history books. Kenwright has been the sole owner of this club for the entire winless run at this cess pit.
Whether we change our fortunes a week Saturday or not, change is coming.

We as a fanbase need to believe too. Our energy effects the players and these big stand dwelling, mothers basement existing, full kit wearing bells feel invincible in this sodding fixture.

Let's change that. From us the fans to the players who carry our dreams.

Beat them.

Think back this time last year. Derby then semi final and the Spanish gobshite made an utter mess of the whole thing. Lot more positive going in to similar scenario this time and really believe we can get something out of both games. Massive boost if snides is ok ! COYB !

latest

Imagine how bitter they would be if the following scenario happened:

1. We announce we have bought the land at BMD for our new stadium this week.

2. Then next Saturday we beat them at the pit putting only 3 points behind them.

Make no mistake that scenario would have them crushed.

As usual, we'll lose this match. Why? Cause we're Everton. It's what we do in the derby match.

Form doesn't matter. Injuries don't matter. Tactics don't matter.

We don't win these matches.

I'd love to be wrong (I say that every time I posted in the derby thread) but it hasn't happened yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.