• Evil

Votes: 83 25.4%
  • Nick Barmby

Votes: 78 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the one game, of all the teams I follow in various competitions all around the world, that I don't watch ...because I know we won't win.

They struggle against organized teams who don't open up against them. That's why they do well against the top 6 and struggle against lesser sides. We need to stay tight, go long to avoid their press and wait untill rom get's clavern 1on1 and rips him a new 1

3-1 RS. We won't turn up.

Those whoppers will celebrate like they won the league then deny they are arsed about us right after.

Honestly a draw would be great. 90% of the time when we face them we go into our shells and it absolutely kills me to see. Form never seems to matter either.

I'm almost at the point now where I'd give my left testicle just to beat these at Anfield, for us to go there and give them the massive hiding they've had coming off us for years.

I want us to score late, for Barkley and Davies to f'n nuts with the fans, for pyro to be everywhere, for the telly cameras to zoom in on their legends sitting in the stands with faces like someone's just pissed on their kids, for their fans to have meltdowns outside the ground afterwards.

Please Everton, please beat these just for once.
Could not of summed it up better ..... we can beat these !!

Everyone has their own view on this fixture - year in year out in recent years we've gone to to the place of our first championship only to return disappointed - more than that, at times humiliated. Now, I'm one of the few thousand - perhaps long standing several hundred - who gets to see this game each year from our unenviable view in the Anfield Road.

In that time in the last thirty years or so, I've seen us occasionally play well in periods, a late Cahill header sorted that, I also saw Andrei become a legend, I've also seen two fingers stuck up at the Kop, bizarrely witnessed a Cameroonian Grass Eating Celebration right in front of me despite earlier missing a Dacourt Exocet due to zealous stewards refusing entry to our seats. I also saw Sharpe miss an open goal but get a cup win on the night, seen the best goal ever seen at the Kop End via Jags perfectly timed message. I think I saw a scramble via Super Kev - I celebrated like I did! However, I've yet to see an Everton penalty there - funny that! Nor did I see the Sharpies Goal of the Century live....I've met plenty who have...but I wasn't there.

I've also seen us fail to live up to the values of our club when the then gaffer decided a later cup game against Sunderland was more important. We drew that one though on the Saturday ...I also saw a nightmare in my lifetime when Shots In occurred that night - it was a bit like the older lads bullying the new kids at school - just the 4 you Rats - our kid would have got seven if he'd have played for you you delusional has been so ...felt like a Distin back pass at Wembley.

So, by my short ditty I reckon I've been through the mixer - if I'm honest, highlights of my experience wouldn't fill an ad break in the Boxing. Why do I do it each year? I know that what I believe is better, the club I love is special and one day - perhaps not in my lifetime - every wrong will somehow be righted because Good always wins in the end. Right Lads?

Status
Not open for further replies.