Limited but liked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mickael Madar

Anyone who thinks he was a bad player doesn't deserve eyes.

Great touch and control, strong in the air and could finish. He also managed to strike up a good partnership with Ferguson (seeing as Ferguson didn't like him). A player like him would have been boss 5 years down the line in the Premier League.

One (awful) miss in the derby and a bad haircut and every deems him rubbish.

He made Lukaku look like Straq in terms of effort. That was his problem, and he wasn't anywhere near talented enough to "Berbatov" his way past his lack of effort.

Flipping the other thread on its head, who are the players who were not great but you liked anyway?

Straq, obviously.

Abblett - perhaps a little blue-tinted given he's no longer with us, and I think I've grown to respect him more after his time with us than during it. His desperate flailing for Wimbledon's goal summed him up at times, but there was also that lung-busting run and cross in the Spurs semi that's hard to beat. A real trier, for sure.

Kilbane - one of the better players at the time, committed to the cause.

I liked Kilbane as well and Brian McBride. Think we can throw Kevin Campbell in there too.

So many you could choose from as the vast majority of players we had from 1990 onwards could have been considered limited!

Anybody who tries 100% and is seen to care, will do for most blues - we might admit later that xxxxxxx is no Ronaldo etc. but nobody will berate them for lack of skill per se

Straq, without the doubt one of the most honest and hardworking players to have pulled on our shirt. He knew he wasn't good enough for the standard, but he made sure every defender worked hard for 90 minutes

That city display will go down in history, how he managed to walk off the pitch is beyond me

TBF, he nearly didn't. He was absolutely gone and was a true embodiment of the phrase, Leave everything on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.