Lille - Info (Travel, Hotels, Bars, Directions etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to go by bus, will be a long trip but worth it, £71 return Liverpool to Lille.

thats not bad for a return, atmosphere would be good too especially win on way back
long traveling just adds too the partying, is that just a normal bus not full of blues though?
id do that myself

thats not bad for a return, atmosphere would be good too especially win on way back
long traveling just adds too the partying, is that just a normal bus not full of blues though?
id do that myself
It's with National Express mate.

Would I be alright to keep my head down in the home end if I don't get a ticket for ours? Great help this thread, by the way, well in.

Parking is my worry really. My dad can't walk far either so Is it worth me contacting Lille directly and asking about disabled parking?

Are French birds fit?

Yes.

There's a saying in Lille though...roughly translated as:

"If you can pull a Lilloise [girl from Lille], you can pull any girl in France".

So take your credit card and your best clothes, and book the best restaurant, and plan on staying for about a month to seal the deal :D

Parking is my worry really. My dad can't walk far either so Is it worth me contacting Lille directly and asking about disabled parking?

I think with it being new, it's all taken into account regarding disabled fans, but if you want to ring and check then I am sure they will speak enough English to help you.

---

This is taken from the official site:

HANDICAPPED ACCESS
All accesses to the Grand Stade (including the car parks) are designed to accommodate handicapped and reduced mobility patrons. A special drop-off / pick-up parking at the northern end of the Grand Stade was designed for this express purpose on the Boulevard de Tournai.
The LOSC and the Grand Stade staff are all specially trained to welcome reduced mobility and handicapped patrons.

---

**Also the link at the top has a map of Car Parks around the ground

PS: "Grand Stade" is what they always call their stadium, official name of this new one Stade Pierre-Mauroy. The old one had an official name too but it was "Grand Stade".
"Grande Stade" is just Main/Big/Grand Stadium.
They have moved homes about 5 or 6 times amid much Coventry-style fallout and argument, and they were only founded in 1944!

Last edited:
Boom cant argue at this price

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 431
Yay.....this thread is a great idea, Jim.

Now.....which City is Lille most easily accesible from.....Paris or Brussels.

(or is there a more convenient Belgian City to fly to?)

Belgium
I think Brussels is the best one. Don't think Belgium has many airports. It's only got about 5 motorways that I can think of!
It's official name is Charleroi Brussels-South [Aéroport de Charleroi-Bruxelles-Sud] because it's in Charleroi, but when people like Ryanair say Brussels, this is the one they mean. Its the main hub airport I think.
The Airport Code is CRL so you can be sure you're going to the right country!

There's a shuttle bus ("Navette" in French) from the airport to Lille. 90 minutes. Costs between 5 and 20 euros.
If there's Evertonians pressed against the glass inside it and the driver asking for a £1000, get the airport shuttle train to Gare Bruxelles-Midi (30 mins shuttle)
This is the Brussels main station. Then get a Eurostar or a local train Lille (two train stations, 800 yards apart in Lille city centre)

Paris
Paris is only dead easy and quick if you fly to Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport (CDG). There is a direct train to Lille from the airport (train station is linked to the airport, same as Manchester and Birmingham International.
It takes 50 minutes and costs about 120 euros return - if you book ahead.
This is expensive, but consider that it takes 3 hours in a car and it's that 50 mins arrival that you're your paying for.

Any other Pairs Airport is still closer than flying to any other French city (apart from Lille obvs!).

But you'd have to get into the city and onto the Metro system and then get yourself to Gare du Nord (stops on 4 different Paris Metro lines).
Gare du Nord is the station for trains to the North (think of Euston versus Waterloo). This is the same train that you get further up from CDG Airport, takes about 65 minutes to Lille (and is probably more expensive)

Ryanair do Manchester-Paris Beauvais. I've never flown to this one, so I don't know...but:
1) Beauvais is not even remotely in Paris - see image.
2) The shuttle from this airport to Paris takes 1hr 15m - DO NOT DO THIS. You'd be driving south, in the wrong direction.
3) Instead get into the town of Beauvais using local means - then get a bus or train to Lille.
I just tried to check buses from Beauvais to Lille and their site has crashed....I wonder why :)

Myself, I'd go Belgium if I could - tickets bought through Belgium's railways are a LOT cheaper. People I know wanting to go to Brussels would go online and book a return FROM Brussels, have them posted, and use the return leg as their first ticket, then buy a single back.
Also, time-wise it's about the same from Paris or Brussels. But Pais is a hassle and Belgium is cool AF.

Attachments

• Beauvais.png
    Beauvais.png
    91 KB · Views: 247

Status
Not open for further replies.