Lille - Info (Travel, Hotels, Bars, Directions etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
note to self: never, ever plan a trip near Lille. 99% of you are likely class, like les hommes posting here... but that 1% of hooligans and hoolipolice, no thanks.

It was the French mate.. Wednesday night in the Oz Bar / Queen's Head (old lille) was defnitely the French...the staff who are mates of mine confirmed it.

Then Thursday I wasn't in the square when people got rubber-bulletted but I read what GOT posted on Facebook about plain clothes police with batons. Then my mate in Lille said they've done that before with English fans, and some German fans, and someone else who he thinks was Serbian or Italian.

Did you get home ok mate?
yes,5 hours late, and yourself? we came back to the bar to meet you, but you had gone, see we tasted the finest kebab's lille had to offer. we had a drink in the bar where you had dinner, but only stayed for 30 min's how are you going to wolfsburg? i'm going on my own , i think

yes,5 hours late, and yourself? we came back to the bar to meet you, but you had gone, see we tasted the finest kebab's lille had to offer. we had a drink in the bar where you had dinner, but only stayed for 30 min's how are you going to wolfsburg? i'm going on my own , i think

Ah good. not the 5hrs late but I'm glad you got back ok!

We had some food in that place yeah, then the guy was not letting people drink much after he'd took the plates (it was queing up, and he knew we were all planning on basically turning it into a bar in there). So we got shifted out and by then the police had told all the centre of town bars to close. We went back to the Dracir where I first met you (where the owner was my mate in the hat doing the french kisses lol) and he was like ahhh mate I have to close sorry. He was pissed off cos he was full and it was only about 11:30, and he usually is open til 3am.

Ah good. not the 5hrs late but I'm glad you got back ok!

We had some food in that place yeah, then the guy was not letting people drink much after he'd took the plates (it was queing up, and he knew we were all planning on basically turning it into a bar in there). So we got shifted out and by then the police had told all the centre of town bars to close. We went back to the Dracir where I first met you (where the owner was my mate in the hat doing the french kisses lol) and he was like ahhh mate I have to close sorry. He was pissed off cos he was full and it was only about 11:30, and he usually is open til 3am.
we ended up just out side town, opposite direction. had a couple then went to a back street bar. blood on the doorstep, had 1 pint then wandered the street's until 1.15 when we stumbled across our coach stop. or should i say i stumbled across our coach stop. after scarlett saying we have passed kfc 4 times. let me know about wolfsburg, asked reidy if he fancy's it, but to close to xmas. not taking my daughter out of school again, so going solo.

saw you on the coach going over, but never saw you again, hope you had a great day.

Did u megabus it yeah. Seen as tho I booked it day before I went it worked out well. Enjoyed the day mate apart from day just wish we scored... next time try stay over night before I reckon. Had a little look at Wolfsburg but I doubt it I'll
Save it till knock out

we ended up just out side town, opposite direction. had a couple then went to a back street bar. blood on the doorstep, had 1 pint then wandered the street's until 1.15 when we stumbled across our coach stop. or should i say i stumbled across our coach stop. after scarlett saying we have passed kfc 4 times. let me know about wolfsburg, asked reidy if he fancy's it, but to close to xmas. not taking my daughter out of school again, so going solo.

Yeah we kinda did the same - ate what was either a steak they'd forgotten to cook, or a cow they'd accidentally burned - then we went looking for a beer but gave up.

RE:
Wolfsburg I'm still sorting our travel, also dunno which city I'm flying to, or sleeping in yet - I've set a budget, see, and I'll damn well swim and hitch hike before I go over it.... Whatever happen though I'll be in W'burg from about noon on the Thursday (wearing a VfL hat as standard!). My Dad will be there too, 90% certain.

Glad you thought my dad was sound, he had a good time -- [hope I was alright too like?] lol

Sorry all, didn't see a Lille thread, but thought this was worth sharing:

10154311_10154849822575651_8648998930154019898_n.jpg

Some number of blues. Great night.

Did u megabus it yeah. Seen as tho I booked it day before I went it worked out well. Enjoyed the day mate apart from day just wish we scored... next time try stay over night before I reckon. Had a little look at Wolfsburg but I doubt it I'll
Save it till knock out
still flights from manchester at the moment, but a bit pricey. my daughter can't go so will be travelling alone. will let you know if i can get any cheap flights

Status
Not open for further replies.