Lewis Dobbin

Status
Not open for further replies.
…personally, I don’t see Dobbin as a central striker.

I don’t know if you watched last nights game mate but Dobbin played with a 7 on his back , on the right in the first half and looked the sharpest he’s done for a long time . He faded a bit 2nd half.

…we had a chat last season about what ‘type’ of player he was & I said maybe Depay, not sure if it was you who said Richarlison. Regardless, I know a few say he should be ahead of Rondon in the pecking order but I don’t see him occupying CBs in the PL.

He‘s a bright uncomplicated footballer with plenty of talent. i saw his goal last night, as you say that type of position is ideal.

Agree, he’s developing well but is unlikely to trouble PL CBs on his own just yet. He’s still poor , by PL standards, on his weaker left foot so plenty to work on.

Thought he seemed the type who would rotate with Richarlison in that 'support striker' role behind DCL ?

Or is he being tried out on the right now?

Weird hes not signed a deal when hes around the first team.

Concerning...

Thought he seemed the type who would rotate with Richarlison in that 'support striker' role behind DCL ?

Or is he being tried out on the right now?

Weird hes not signed a deal when hes around the first team.

Concerning...

….great time to be an in-demand youngster, him and his representatives will be looking at who can offer the best deal financially and developmentally. The next contract will set him up for life.

No progress on his contract being reported today.

He can sign a deal abroad in a few weeks apparently.

I’d leg it if I was him.
Sat behind Rondon for another 18 months no doubt.

He's 18 ffs. If he wants off cos then fair do's for me.

Rafael gave him hist first senior minutes and has kept him training with senior squad all season. He want more...goodbye.

If after 5 years of investment we are just hemmoraging our best young players then things are a lot worse than we first thought.

One thing messing up the finances to bring new players in but if the best we are developing aren't going to stick around either then what hope have we got for the future?

City can spend 100 million on a player and still find match time for their young players , speaks volumes on how well our club is being ran.

If after 5 years of investment we are just hemmoraging our best young players then things are a lot worse than we first thought.

One thing messing up the finances to bring new players in but if the best we are developing aren't going to stick around either then what hope have we got for the future?

City can spend 100 million on a player and still find match time for their young players , speaks volumes on how well our club is being ran.
There is absolutely no comparison between Everton and City at the moment.
City can afford to play a young lad surrounded by star players all over the team and on the bench.

We are missing some of our very best players in a paper thin squad and struggling for points.

Young players leave more because of money than football.
Lewis Dobbin has been allowed to progress as well at Everton as any 18 year old could expect.
He is good but not yet good enough for the first team.

City can afford to play a young lad surrounded by star players all over the team and on the bench.

We are missing some of our very best players in a paper thin squad and struggling for points.

Lewis Dobbin has been allowed to progress as well at Everton as any 18 year old could expect.

Yeah, this really.

He has been training with the 1st team squad, playing for the U23s and has been on the bench a couple of times for the 1st team, making his debut off the bench.

That isn't bad at all for an 18 year old.

I tend to think that the highly rated young players now look at the examples of the likes of Sancho etc and think (perhaps with some merit) that they're better off moving to get 1st team football as soon as possible. I can't say I blame them as, all things being equal, they're probably right. The world is moving on and young players these days are, more and more, looking at what's best for them rather than just signing with the club they came through with. He either has to trust that we'll get him a good loan or two and then give him his chance, or he goes and signs for a team where he's wanted in that first team set up quickly. It's hard to say these young players are doing anything particularly wrong

If Dobbin was you/your son, you'd recommend bailing.

First team football in Germany or at Championship level etc is an opportunity to prove yourself. Dobbin, like Simms have nothing they can prove at the level they're at.

I often say Thierry Small had Iwobi and Delph put ahead of him at left back, while also naming 2 'keepers on the bench and people were wondering why he decided to go to Southampton?

We don't give them a chance when there's opportunity.

Dobbin isn't getting on when we have Rondon dying on his feet upfront. If he's not going to get some time now when we have nobody, when will he get a chance to prove himself?

There is a very much relevant comparison between the two. Mainly on money spent and time passed.

The here and now is not the part where the comparison comes in, it's the first 5 years of investment/ ownership. City we're gearing up to win their first league title after 5 years , champions League football in the bag and becoming world renouned.

Whereas 5 years into here, our academy is leaking talent, we have no money to spend because of how badly we have spent it before, a poor squad and the fact that 2-3 players injured makes a difference on the pitch.

For over 200 million spent and counting , where city were and where we are is a very apt comparison. City weren't spending 100 million on a player within the first 5 years, spending similar to us. Whereas our big money signings are crocks , crap or awaiting a prison sentence.

If Dobbin was you/your son, you'd recommend bailing.

First team football in Germany or at Championship level etc is an opportunity to prove yourself. Dobbin, like Simms have nothing they can prove at the level they're at.

I often say Thierry Small had Iwobi and Delph put ahead of him at left back, while also naming 2 'keepers on the bench and people were wondering why he decided to go to Southampton?

We don't give them a chance when there's opportunity.

Dobbin isn't getting on when we have Rondon dying on his feet upfront. If he's not going to get some time now when we have nobody, when will he get a chance to prove himself?

Thats it I think...if youre Dobbin and see the likes of Rondon and Iwobi ahead of you then your head will go down.

Small must have seen Nkounkou not getting minutes at left back when we had Digne out.

Brands had stated in the past there will be a pathway, not sure there really is one.

Status
Not open for further replies.