Lewis Dobbin

Status
Not open for further replies.
1632644758820.png

For those who didn't grow up in 1980's Britain - this is Dobbin from popular kids TV show 'Rentaghost'

Could he be our Greenwood?

….that would be nice, I’m a big fan of Greenwood. We need to manage expectation but I think it’s useful to liken a young player to an established footballer to determine the ‘type’ he might be.

We did this for Dobbin in the Youth team thread a while ago, I think I asked ‘what type‘ he is and compared him to Depay. i think somebody more knowledgeable than me suggested he’s more of a Richarlison type.

I don’t think he’s reliant on blistering pace of Greenwood, he just looks a very tidy and uncomplicated player to me. Delighted to see somebody a number of us highlighted a few years ago get an opportunity.

It’s up to him now but nobody can ever take away that he’s a PL footballer.

….that would be nice, I’m a big fan of Greenwood. We need to manage expectation but I think it’s useful to liken a young player to an established footballer to determine the ‘type’ he might be.

We did this for Dobbin in the Youth team thread a while ago, I think I asked ‘what type‘ he is and compared him to Depay. i think somebody more knowledgeable than me suggested he’s more of a Richarlison type.

I don’t think he’s reliant on blistering pace of Greenwood, he just looks a very tidy and uncomplicated player to me. Delighted to see somebody a number of us highlighted a few years ago get an opportunity.

Every player that makes it through and can contribute anything to the first team is a huge financial reward for us (either if we keep him and it saves a transfer or he generates money from a transfer). If Benitez can elevate Gordon Dobbin and Simms to PL standard players it’s worth tens of millions.

Every player that makes it through and can contribute anything to the first team is a huge financial reward for us (either if we keep him and it saves a transfer or he generates money from a transfer). If Benitez can elevate Gordon Dobbin and Simms to PL standard players it’s worth tens of millions.

….it’s whether they are good enough to make the massive leap to becoming a PL footballer more than Benitez elevating them. Let’s not forget, Onyango made his debut under Ancelotti and is now returning from injury, he’s another for your list.

….it’s whether they are good enough to make the massive leap to becoming a PL footballer more than Benitez elevating them. Let’s not forget, Onyango made his debut under Ancelotti and is now returning from injury, he’s another for your list.

I feel more confident about this crop than the so called golden generation. Davies Kenny Dowell Connolly didn’t have an ounce of pace between them. Sadly you need that in the premier league to then let any technique you have be displayed.

Player like this need opportunities though. There’s countless cases of academy players moving down the divisions and then coming back to star in the PL, also others like Rashford who got opportunities through injuries to others and then took a quantum leap in development. Calvert Lewin is a prime example, from a kid that some though wasn’t premier league standard to now one of the best strikers in the league. If they have the natural tools, they sometimes just need the opportunity, that is what I mean by Benitez elevating them through provision of opportunity and good coaching.

Correct, so can we now copy the RS - give him a few more appearances, hype him up, and transfer him for £20m to a mug club like Bournemouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.