Lewis Dobbin

Status
Not open for further replies.

His style of play ,particularly his pace ,would complement Rondon or DCL off the bench, can’t see it happening this season though.
You've got to think though that given the way some are performing having him available to come on for twenty minutes can't do any harm to the team or the lad, but given the teams position lampard seems like he's definitely not going to gamble with a 19yr old which i think is unfortunate because i think he could add something.

You've got to think though that given the way some are performing having him available to come on for twenty minutes can't do any harm to the team or the lad, but given the teams position lampard seems like he's definitely not going to gamble with a 19yr old which i think is unfortunate because i think he could add something.
I have no doubt if we were sitting comfortably mid table we would be seeing a lot more of Dobbin in the first team.

But, we are not and every hard fought point is precious. The manager simply cannot risk trying an unproved 19 year old in our circumstances.

Next season I think he may go on loan to a championship club..... hoping that we are still in the premiership , otherwise he will get plenty of chances to play.

I have no doubt if we were sitting comfortably mid table we would be seeing a lot more of Dobbin in the first team.

But, we are not and every hard fought point is precious. The manager simply cannot risk trying an unproved 19 year old in our circumstances.

Next season I think he may go on loan to a championship club..... hoping that we are still in the premiership , otherwise he will get plenty of chances to play.
Certainly not starting but i'd have been tempted to have him on the bench last night. We had 3 defenders and 3 central midfielders on there (4 really, seeing as that's pretty much where Alli played) , I would have preferred us to have another attacking option personally, a young lad with a bit of pace who's a bit of an unknown to the opposition can be very useful when you're searching for a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.