Lennon agrees Burnley move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly a compelling reason to keep a player who knows he has dropped down the pecking order. As in compelling for the player to stay. Like, "We have an offer from Burnley who will promise you games, but please stick around to bail out a full back now and again"
I could think of at least 9 regular starters I'd get shut of first and we'd miss less.

a player I will happily wish all the best to. solid servant, never shirked his defensive duties. maybe no longer as quick as he was, but his all round contribution is something the likes of Lookman could learn a lot from

..6 months of his contract left, very unlikely he would be offered another so it has to be good business. Some who are critical of the move are the same ones who want us to be more creative, yet we’ve got Walcott in and Lennon out.

People are also panicking at times that we will 'do a Leeds' etc, the thing that killed those type of clubs was NOT moving on players and just letting the squad get more and more bloated with every new signing on good money.

Yeah we are bringing high earners in, but we are balancing that with shifting on relatively high earners whilst they still have interest to other teams

Ridiculous sale. Who can do a better right sided shift like him when you need to be solid in games?

He's dug every single one of our RBs out at one time or another. There's some tat in the squad but Allardyce has allowed one player who isn't tat to leave.

Or you think he should be given a new contract?

We sign better player and get rid of the old and less talent one, what's wrong with that?

Good luck to him, except when they play us of course.

Mirallas, Lennon and Barkley all gone.

Just Niasse, Besic and Sandro to go in this window I reckon.

Can't see Schneiderlin or Williams / Jags being allowed to go until summer as Keane seems to be missing a lot of games and Mori is obviously n/a.

Niasse and Sandro can be sold but who would pay a fee for Besic?

Aaron, I will always treasure your enigmatic and engaging smile when you first joined and wish you all the best at Burnley, except of course when we play there in March.

Status
Not open for further replies.