Homepage Update: Allardyce uncertain on any further incomings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Ferguson

Player Valuation: £225k
Tom Ferguson submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

Allardyce uncertain on any further incomings
sam-allardyce2-1024x461.jpg

Sam Allardyce has turned his attention to cutting down the numbers in his overpopulated squad before thinking about anymore signings.

During his prematch press conference Allardyce was asked if there would be more additions following the arrivals of Cenk Tosun and Theo Walcott, he said: “No, I don't think so.

“The squad is too big. There are 33 players here at the moment and from my point of view reducing those squads numbers is important for me.”

Aaron Lennon has today been linked with Newcastle United as well as Burnley and Davy Klaassen has been mentioned as a potential Fenerbahce target.

When asked who could be leaving the club, Big Sam replied: “We don't know who those players are because you are waiting for other clubs to show an interest.

“But moving a few players on is the order for us.”

If enough go then that might change at the end of the window. If not then it'll be Garbutt registered after January. There's no way he looks at Martina and thinks that he's fine.

Do we reckon Cuco has been doing better at left back than James McCarthy would in the same role? Gueye? Besic?

Difficult to think one of our center mids wouldn't offer more resistance down our left flank than Cuco did against Spurs.

should have kept hold of gareth barry haha, even he would do a better LB job

Still time for Barca to make a shock bid yet. PROVIDED the price is right I think we may release him to realise his dream.

If he is able to waltz off to Barcelona then I think I'm about done with football. We can't go around selling our best players, we should be building our team around Cuco, if we don't how will we ever expect to be champions league club.

Reactions: kev
Great, every team will push their attack towards cuco and profit. Ffs.

How a left back was not priority no1 is beyond me. Roll on seasons end :(

Status
Not open for further replies.