Match Thread Leicester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd potentially just go same XI as Chelsea for this, but rotation may be needed. Also I reckon either Rondon or DCL should maybe get the nod given Leicester's perceived weakness at set pieces currently, but I couldn't really tell you who should be dropped.

100% play the same 11, no need for rotation at this stage (although Godfrey for Holgate if he's fit)...only difference in selection is hopefully get DCL 20 minutes off the bench...

We have to take advantage of Leicester playing in Europe Thursday night....they made i think 8 changes against Spurs, so hopefully they play that team against us too....they basically will have 1 training session to prepare for us, we have the full week to set up our game plan...this is a big big chance (much like Leeds have playing Chelsea just before the FA Cup final)...COYB!!!

Last edited:

Honestly not even just being defeatist. You should 100% be targeting this one for 3 points
Its what i would be doing, i dont know why many seem happy to take a point, i would only be happy if we got a point by needing to equalise and it was late like the Home game, we may not have a better chance to beat you than now with you would think a few rested from the Thursday game in Italy as you play the following Thursday v Norwich,,, I hope rodges does not go full strength in Italy and v Us, and then rest players for your game v Norwich

Lampard is now going to have to be VERY clever here in terms of rotating the squad; who plays and who's rested?

We all know how important Mina is for the team but ironically he's probably the least capable player in terms of being able to play week in week out. So does Lampard decide to rest him for this one, or stick with him (thus risking him with fatigue/injury potentially missing out in the matches to follow?)

I'd go with:
Pickford
Coleman Keane Holgate Mykolenko
Doucoure Allan
Gordon Iwobi Richarlison
Rondon
Lampard was saying Mina tends to need a week of rest between games I think. So maybe he starts Leicester and misses Watford?

Lampard was saying Mina tends to need a week of rest between games I think. So maybe he starts Leicester and misses Watford?
Yeah I understand that. But you could also argue that we need to save our best players for the games where we're "expected" to win. It would be a disaster to use Mina against Leicester only to drop points and for him getting fatigued again

Lampard is now going to have to be VERY clever here in terms of rotating the squad; who plays and who's rested?

We all know how important Mina is for the team but ironically he's probably the least capable player in terms of being able to play week in week out. So does Lampard decide to rest him for this one, or stick with him (thus risking him with fatigue/injury potentially missing out in the matches to follow?)

I'd go with:
Pickford
Coleman Keane Holgate Mykolenko
Doucoure Allan
Gordon Iwobi Richarlison
Rondon
If Mina isn't available for this a full seven days on from the Chelsea game I totally despairlol

Status
Not open for further replies.