Match Thread Leicester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Out of interest, what's gone wrong for Liecester this year?

Injuries, manager problems, or just ran out of steam?
All of the above I think. Injuries have been horrendous but I hate using that excuse. We just pass the ball for fun but nothing really penetrative

All of the above I think. Injuries have been horrendous but I hate using that excuse. We just pass the ball for fun but nothing really penetrative
Sounds like a Brendan Rodgers team when he's out of ideas tbh. Seems to follow him everywhere...

Sounds like a Brendan Rodgers team when he's out of ideas tbh. Seems to follow him everywhere...
Yeah and the new signings have been awful and he had a major say in getting them in. It might sound like I'm being a bit dramatic and entitled but I really feel like it's time for a change. It's all gone so stale.

Obviously saying that on here sounds ridiculous with the season you've had but we has a real opportunity to kick on and it just isn't happening. Obviously will always be grateful for the FA cup win

Yeah and the new signings have been awful and he had a major say in getting them in. It might sound like I'm being a bit dramatic and entitled but I really feel like it's time for a change. It's all gone so stale.

Obviously saying that on here sounds ridiculous with the season you've had but we has a real opportunity to kick on and it just isn't happening. Obviously will always be grateful for the FA cup win
Nah it doesn't (to me at least), we're having a discussion.

It's what's happened to Rodgers everywhere tbh, as soon as he gets his say in for more than a season - it's a risk of instant stagnation. I mean the football will be good obviously, passing, possession, etc., but nothing productive. Think he's suffered the same fate everywhere.

Would you sack him if you beat Roma though? Or if you win the Conference League thing?

Nah it doesn't (to me at least), we're having a discussion.

It's what's happened to Rodgers everywhere tbh, as soon as he gets his say in for more than a season - it's a risk of instant stagnation. I mean the football will be good obviously, passing, possession, etc., but nothing productive. Think he's suffered the same fate everywhere.

Would you sack him if you beat Roma though? Or if you win the Conference League thing?
This will also sound a bit petty but the conference league doesn't hold much weight with me. Not because I don't value it as a competition (I'm undecided on that, but it's a route to europa) but I've never liked being in a competition as a result of dropping out of another one. If we'd have been in it from the start I'd feel differently. I do still want to win it of course.

Also those 2 seasons completely bottling 4th place. Granted he did brilliantly to get us in that position in the first place but the implosion both times were crazy. I just don't think we'll sack him. The injury crisis excuse probably holds some weight with the owners

This will also sound a bit petty but the conference league doesn't hold much weight with me. Not because I don't value it as a competition (I'm undecided on that, but it's a route to europa) but I've never liked being in a competition as a result of dropping out of another one. If we'd have been in it from the start I'd feel differently. I do still want to win it of course.

Also those 2 seasons completely bottling 4th place. Granted he did brilliantly to get us in that position in the first place but the implosion both times were crazy. I just don't think we'll sack him. The injury crisis excuse probably holds some weight with the owners
I'm a bit meh for the Conference personally, so understandable (granted right now we'd kill to be in your position* obviously lol ).

In my opinion (so basically useless haha) - you'll probably sack him when it's too late because of those finishes you mentioned as well as the injury excuse...

Problem is that there's no obvious replacements as well so that might also stop your owners.

Realistically hope you somehow play 9 overtimes on thursday, but it's us and we'll still find a way for you to beat us ffs lol

Would be a bit more confident if we looked like scoring more from open play. Of course id take every game as as scrappy 1-0 now but its unlikely we can do that. Few others have to chip in with Richarlison.
Cup final number 2 of 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.